PDA

View Full Version : no way out

carly89
05-05-11, 13:49
I feel stuck, everything is wrong and I have no idea how to begin sorting out the ruin that is my life.
I feel like I am in the deepest darkest hole with no way of ever escaping the fear and panic that is part of everyday, every minute of my life.
I sometimes feel like just running for ever and never stopping never looking back, so that all the bad stuff cant ever catch up with me. I sometimes think of just giving up and I know that no one would even care.
I look back on my life and all I remember is fear for as far back as I can remember.
I need help but no one can be bothered or cares enough to help me.
I dont want to feel this way anymore.
I sometimes think I must be a really bad person for people to keep abusing me without a care or any thought as to how I feel.
I dont know what to do anymore

Tyke
05-05-11, 17:16
Carly - there is a lot of help out there, you just need to reach out for it. You are not alone feeling like this and things can get much better. Have you seen your doctor? Have you had any counselling? Do you take any medication?

I was in the dark hole until fairly recently. I was put on a course of anti-depressants which helped me along with support from users on this website. I am still awaiting counselling which I hope will improve my situation even further. Things don't have to stay like they are now Carly, but you must seek help.

Tyke

carly89
05-05-11, 19:16
Tyke thanks for replying
I had a bit of councelling when I was at school but nohing since then.
I have been on all sorts of medication but am not on any at the minute, no one can ever seem to find anything that helps.

Tyke
05-05-11, 19:37
Hi Carly

You should go back to the doctors and see if they can find something else that will help. You are still not well, so you are perfectly entitled to keep going to the doctor to see what other treatments may help you to get better. That is what they are there for.

Good luck.

Tyke

lisalou
06-05-11, 12:37
hi! carly you will get though it if you don't mind me asking but whats happening in you'r life to feel like it you could have anti-depressants and still feel the same if its something in you'r life thats making you feel like this then you need to sort it and sit down and think to you'r self why you feel like it and what you want because if you'r not happy in you'r life anti-depressants do help but u got to look deep into you'r self why you are so unhappy i know how you feel i've been there got though it and i've been having hard time and its come back you will beat it .it wont last for ever just think that just be posative!!! lisa :)

deepreason
07-05-11, 10:13
You have to try and keep telling yourself that it's the illness making you feel like this (easier said than done I know!). I'd strongly suggest getting back to the GP and if he can't offer anything to help then ask for a referral to 2nd line care (psychiatrist). This is your one and only life, I know it's the last thing you feel capable of doing at the minute but fight the system a bit to get the treatment you DO deserve.

I also find it helps to keep telling myself that "this is a patch in time, a piece out of my life. It will pass".