PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE ELSE

katyfitz
16-04-06, 11:31
Does anyone else find it really hard to explain there anxiety symptoms and how they feel? im finding that bit hard. Also i feel like i havent slept everytime i get up, i wake up feeling like ive rushed out of bed and the adrenaline is mad, my lightheadedness increases. Does anyone find that it takes them a good few hours to actually wake up and get rid of that groggy feeling?And one more question, why do i always think im physically ill and something in my body aint right, i.e cancer etc? x

jackie
16-04-06, 12:16
katy you are like many of us who have health anxiety. always homing in on our symptoms, trying to find other frightening causes other that anxiety. that is what health anxiety is and its a horrible thing but you are not al

jackie

ollie35
16-04-06, 19:07
Very common Kate,

Anxiety seems to put everything out of perspective and make us think the worse. Just float past it all and realise that it is just your anxiety exaggarating your thoughts.
Yout symptoms reley on your worry of them to exist, let these thoughts go and give them as little respect as you can.
Take care
Paul

sassy
16-04-06, 21:39
katy, most of us on here have felt or do feel like this. i havnt had a smear test for years and now im convinced i have cervical cancer and im too scared to have the test.
i also have days when i wake up and feel like i havnt slept a wink. i then spend the whole day too shattered to do anything.
all we can do is try and change the thought process..ie you have a negative thought, immediatly put a happy thought in its place. if you do this enough, it becomes a habit and lessons the negative thoughts. sounds hard but it works :) keep saying, its only a thought.
your perfectly normal xx