PDA

View Full Version : in such a state

80schild
05-05-11, 19:08
Have got myself in such a state and can't stop thinking about getting MND-someone at work died of it a few years ago and since then its always been at the back of my mind. However lately I have noticed that sometimes I get random muscles twitching and also random pains in my calf and up and down my legs.
I am on citalopram for anxiety and postnatal depression following a bad bout of health anxiety panic attacks in Nov 08. I stupidly started reducing my dose and stopped them for 5 days-although have been back on them for a week now this seems to have let the health anxiety creep back.
A rational part of me is trying to say I don't have MND. I generally have lots of energy and am physically very strong yet when I get symptoms like muscles twitches or feel a bit clumsy or shakey or have a dry throat I get myself worked up that I have it.
I am 30 and have two gorgeous young kids-this makes the fear even worse the fact I have them relying on me!

everglades
05-05-11, 19:35
sorry i dont have any advice - but i do know how horrible anxiety and depression are and how they can make things worse

- losing a colleague is always distressing - and i understand that, too, as i have similar fears - but about something very different

- now you are back on the citalopram, give it a while and it should help
also - everyone gets muscle twitches - and anxiety can make us shakey and def. make our throats dry

anyway
really
just wanted you to feel heard - its so horrible when things feel so scary

and to give you a hug (if thats ok)
((((80schild))))