PDA

View Full Version : back to school??!!!

a-little-room-to-breathe
16-04-06, 13:29
hi,
im absolutely terrified about going back to school. its been the easter holidays, so iv had two weeks off, but during the past month or so my panci attacks have been getting steadily worse, and now all i can think about is if i can manage to go to school without having a panic attack. i cant think about anything else, cant sleep at night with anxiety and terror, iv started having nightmares about it!!! right now i dont even want to leave the house, so i cant imagine what school is going to be like. i go back on tuesday, and i have a doctors appointment on the 25th. i spend so much time freaking out about it, im just so scared. even thinking about it makes me panic. i really dont know what to do!!! can anybody help me??!!

love katie xxx

"If I can wipe from any human cheek, a tear,
Convince one man that hope and heaven are near,
Create more joy, more hope, less pain,
And though not one shall know my name nor drop a flower on my grave,
I shall not have lived in vain while here."

fradycat
16-04-06, 20:03
Hello Katie,
Please try not to put so much pressure on yourself. I guess your greatest worry is having a panic attack in front of other people - I am pretty sure no-one will judge you if you panic. When I was in secondary school, there was a girl who really suffered with her nerves and used to cry and tremble when asked to do/perform anything. Not one person thought ill of her for it. A few couldn't understand it but nevertheless, they all tried to help. When I was at uni, there was another girl just like it too, if anything, we were quite defensive of her and would always try to jump in and help. We put so much pressure on ourselves because we don't want to 'lose it' in front of others. Most people are wrapped up in their own little worlds anyway and have their own issues on their minds - they are not concentrating on what you are going to do next.!
Enjoy the here and now, the very moment you are now in. Tomorrow will take care of itself, it always does. Most of our anxiety is about what 'might happen'. Try to not worry about past episodes either, they ARE in the past and they are OVER. Tomorrow is a new day, imagine it how you would like it to be, imagine being free from all tension. The power of the mind is amazing but it can work both in your favour and against you.
Keep practising positive visualisation, it will work!
All the best,
Fradycat xx

Rennie1989
17-04-06, 01:05
Hiya

I still go to school and when I was in year nine I started developing a fear to go to school. I think my parents thought it was an excuse for not to go to school, well, until they found out I was having Panic Attacks.

My parents forced me to go to school, I just had to face it. I had not many friends to help but throughout the year I started getting more friends, my fear dissappeared.

Try talking to your friends about it and get them to help you, I didn't really have that help at school, also tell your teachers and see if they can help you, like me I didn't and I don't want to see what I went through happen to another student.

Good luck.

Scooties Back