PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

Phwoffy
06-05-11, 00:31
So, today, I took that first (rather huge, slightly terrifying) step and told the doctor how I'd been feeling. She didn't really need to ask any questions, just referred me for therapy. Although, of course, in my relief to get things done with I completely forgot to ask any details! And to mention half the things I've been worrying about but still!

That was at 8.30 this morning and I celebrated by eating a Tinkerbell Easter egg for breakfast. Yes, I'm definitely 20. I'm excited but still very nervous - and of course, the anxiety hasn't really subsided despite me trying to convince myself that it should have done. So, any tips on learning to be patient with yourself? And any idea how long the waiting lists are for therapy at the moment?

Thanks guys, especially those of you who commented on my last few posts. I feel like I've made a huge step today, even though not much has changed!

nomorepanic
06-05-11, 00:39
Hi there

Do you know what kind of therapy she has referred you for - counselling or CBT?

The waiting list could be long I am afraid. I have been waiting nearly a year now (not that I need it now anyway lol).

I hope it all goes well for you

pollyanna
06-05-11, 09:35
well done :)

janetxx
06-05-11, 10:04
well done you probably dont realise how big a step you have just taken and the good its done you :)
good luck,hope you dont have to wait too long xx

paula lynne
06-05-11, 10:29
Well done, thats fantastic! A big gold star for you today x:yesyes:

th
07-05-11, 05:44
Well done.

PanchoGoz
07-05-11, 12:07
Thats great Phwoffy, I'm seeing the doctor soon as well, we all seem to seeing to the doctor on this site at the moment! Its like half of us have decided its time to make a change.
And that what it is. See this as your turning point for the better, even if you still have the symptoms now. Tell yourself you can get through all of this because you know you will.

Phwoffy
07-05-11, 22:37
Thank you so much everyone. Started getting in a bit of a panic again today so to see these replies has cheered me up.
The doctor mentioned CBT at the end of our appointment but I'm not entirely sure if that's what the referral was for. To be honest, I was just so relieved it was over with I wasn't taking much in! Hopefully I'll hear from them as soon as possible anyway! Thanks again :)