PDA

View Full Version : I feel so scared

Tiktak
06-05-11, 08:16
This is my first post here for a long while, but I am back today becasue my Panic is back :weep: I am so scared and I hate feeling like this.
Its a long time since I've had a full on panic like that and it has knocked me, I thought I had beaten this :sad:
I am shaking, feel sick, can't eat, can't sit still and am not sleeping properly - My biggest trigger? Money worries, it scares the complete CR*P out of me :weep:
(Although I have to admit to not coming on here when I am 'well' as I find it is a trigger to panic, so please forgive me :flowers:)
I don't know what to do, should I just sit this out and see if it goes again, I really am NOT going to take any meds unless this starts to linger, oh I hope it doesn't :sad:
I can feel a big bawling session coming on...:emot-crying:

Spy
06-05-11, 09:01
Hi Tiktak,

What kind of things have you found useful in the past to help reduce your anxiety? Having a panic attack when you have had a period of feeling well is really difficult but it might help if you can think about what triggered it and what you can do to help reduce the stress associated with it -if there are money worries - maybe you can go to the citizens advice and get some support?
Perhaps you can discuss with your GP some short term measures to help with your anxiety - increasing foods high in tryptophan which have a sedative effect - banana's avacado, turkey etc, doing relaxation, cutting any caffeine from your diet and taking a little exercise if possible . I think the best thing though is talking your worries through with people. Hopefully it will just be a blip and will pass quickly

I hope you begin to feel better soon, but don't be hard on yourself if you need to return to the medication.

Good luck xx