PDA

View Full Version : normal set back?????

Brownie
26-03-04, 15:16
Hi all,

I was doing really good.......just minor anxiety here and there. But this week I have been sooooooo anxious having a lot of trouble with my breathing and when i go out im not so good. When i walk up the stairs i cant get my breathing to calm down which panics me. Am i going right back to where i was or are these set backs normal??? Because i was really feeling great and now i just feel that all the panic is going to come back again.

-Christie

kate
26-03-04, 15:34
Hiya Christie,

Yes it IS normal to have setbacks!!

The problems start when you believe that instead of it being a "blip" on your road to recovery,you feel that you are going back to the begininning of your panic.

Try not to dwell on it too much. Just keep reminding yourself how well you have done so far and that the good feelings will return very shortly.

In other words, keep going with the positive and ignore the negative!!

Kate x

stimpy
27-03-04, 11:13
Don't worry hun, it is perfectly normal.

If you had a broken arm, for example, would you be able to enter the world's strongest woman competition? - No, well not right a way.
First you have to allow the arm to heal, then you have to work on building the arm back up again, this may take time and you may experience stages of discomfort. This doesn't mean your arm is broken, it just hurts a bit from time to time.

Panic disorder is very much like that. Building yourself back up again and dealing with the stages of discomfort until you are strong again.

Remember to be positive, after all, if you have noticed you are starting to feel unwell again, that means you must have been feeling better in the first place! - So that means you are making a recovery which is a good thing.

Stay calm, draw a line under it and try again tomorrow for a fresh start.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

diana
27-03-04, 17:53
Christie,

Don`t worry to much about going back to the begining. That is not going to happen.

Setbacks are very "NORMAL" for us panicers that is, we all go through them.

It only makes us more appreciative of the better days and times we have had before and after the "BLIP" :-D.

You will be fine dear.

You have already come so far in your recovery.

Before you may have not noticed the difference/change.

Like Liz said now you can recognize a change, so that means you have been recovering up till this recent "BLIP" that is progress :).

Just try to remember it is not permanant, and you will get through it just a little bump in the road is all.

Hope you are feeling better soon dear.

Keep us posted as to how you are getting on.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

P.S. Good analogy Liz (the broken arm) :)