PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE ANYONE ANXIETY OR THROAT CANCER

chezed19
16-04-06, 17:31
HI.

I POSTED ON HERE A FEW DAYS AGO ABOUT THINKING I HAD A BRAIN TUMOUR, WELL TURNS OUT THE DOCTOR SAYS IM FINE AND THAT I AM SUFFERING POSTNATAL DEPRESSION(HAD A BABY 4 MONTHS AGO), I AM ON ANTI-DEPRESSANTS NOW, BUT NOW I AM SO CONCERNED THAT I MAY HAVE THROAT CANCER, I HAVE DONE THE WRONG THING AND GOOGLED MY SYMPTOMS(WHICH I HAVE SOME OFF), MY HUSBAND SAYS I AM NOW WORSE NOW THAN BEFORE I READ THEM,THINKS ITS ANXIETY AND BAD AT THAT, ANYONE ELSE ??

WELL HERE ARE MY SYMPTOMS ARE :

MY THROAT FEELS LIKE IT HAS A CONSTANT LUMP IN IT AND THAT NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT WONT GO AWAY
HEADACHES(ESPICALLY OVER FOREHEAD AND EYES)
NUMBNESS/TINGLING IN FACE AND ARMS AND LEGS
SORE MUSCLES ALL OVER
EARACHE AND TOOTHACHE

HAS ANYONE HAD THESE SYMPTOMS WITH ANXIETY/STRESS/DEPRESSION. ITS GETTING A JOKE I AM JUST SO WORRIED ABOUT DYING I AN JUST SO SCARED OF EVERYTHING, I AM JUST SO LOW AT THE MINUTE.

PLEASE ANY HELP IS WELL APPRICIATED
THANKS
T

chezed19

nomorepanic
16-04-06, 17:42
Hi there

Try this link and you will find all of these on there.

Hope it helps.

Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Nicola

bubblestar
16-04-06, 17:43
Hi

Textbook anxiety symptoms!

i get every single one of them, your fine,honestly.

if you've just seen your doctor he would have picked up on anything else you may have, so try not to panic.

i know exactly how you feel, and as much as someone tells you to calm down, and that your ok it never quite works!

Try to relax. your symptoms are totally anxiety, as horrible as they are!

Hope your feeling better soon,

x

jackie
16-04-06, 17:53
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=reading

have you ever read any of claire weekes books on your symptoms. your throat thing is called globus hysterious. ie hysterical lump. it is totally harmless and a pain in the ass. it is totally anxiety caused and whilst you fear it it will not go away.

i really reccomend claire weekes book entitled self help for your nerves. you cna order it from the site above

i really hope this helps. you are not alone with any of your symptoms and i promise you it is not cancer

jackie

Two heads
17-04-06, 11:18
Hi chezed! No how you feel,i myself havet been write since i had my baby last year{panick,and horrible thoughts}Entill i had ruby i have never suffered any thing like this.
One thing you must never do that i have leart is dont google your symptoms as you will have everything going,been there and done that one.How long have you been on the anti depressants?
It could be side affects from them and if it is then they should go away after a few weeks.The lump in the throat is quite a common symptom of anxiety.Please dont worry you will be fine!xx

soff
17-04-06, 13:51
Hi there

After having two lovely girls, worth every panic attack I ever had, I can reassure you that everything that happens to you is due to your hormone levels playing up at the moment. You have to be very patient and just go through with it, somehow ignoring the symptoms until they finally go away, somthg that I'm trying to convince myself of doing for the past couple of years;). Although I never had postnatal depression, I did have my share of panic attacks and phobias - still do but I try and keep them on a sane level. I would also suggest you run a check of your thyroid gland function and your TSH hormone levels as these tend to change during or after pregnancy and create all sorts of problems i.e. mood swings, panic disorders etc. The symptoms you're referring to sound very familiar, especially the lump in the throat which I also have and somehow manage to live with, it's not lethal. You could also have a scan, this will definitely put your mind at rest. Do not get dependent on antidepressants as it's only a temporary relief and solution. I'm almost sure that what you are feeling at the moment it's anxiety but since you were strong enough to go through labour, please stay strong for your own and your baby's sake. You are definitely not dying - after everything that happened to me I'm still here - so check your TSH and get back to us to let us know that you're well.

I only know one thing, that I dunno anything.

chezed19
17-04-06, 19:31
Hi.

Thanks for all your replies, i feel a little better. My throat thing varies in intensity-worse when thinking of it. But my ears feel blocked and are a little sore, anyone else had this too, also hear ringing occasionally ?? is it normal, god i am a complete mess !!

My husband is so fed up with me, as i keep on and on and on at him, do i have this or is this a symptom of that etc, hes sure its anxiety along with the depression, as aslo i get a tight chest and wind pipe, feels like im being squeased ?

is this all normal ?

thanks.

the anti-depressant i am on is fluoxitine (prozac), could that me making the symptoms worse, started them a week ago ?

chezed19

nell1965
18-04-06, 18:49
yes the prozac could be worsening your symptoms but this should only be short term and i would keep taking them unless instructed to stop by your gp, prozac didnt work for me it made me worse but it does work for loads of people you just have to persist.
Research has shown that people who take prozac purely for depression tend to have little side effects but when it is taken for anxiety/depression the side effects can be many but i think that is just due to our heightened state of mind. All of the symptoms you describe are classic anxiety symptoms,i dont think you have throat cancer its more likely to be globus due to your anxiety and your still imbalanced hormones

I just want my life back
nell
x