PDA

View Full Version : hi

toni282
07-05-11, 17:11
hi,

basically i had a small heart operation a few months ago and since then i have felt awful.

i have had my heart going fast constantly (witch im now on tablets for but they dont seem to work) chest pains where i have thought i was having a heart attack, upset stomach, being sick, stomach ache, back pain, constant feeling of 'not being with it', sweaty palms, no appetite and cant sleep and feeling like i cant breath :weep:

i feel like this 24/7 and cant get away from it, i cant relax or even watch tv because is constantly worried about all these pains and keep checking my pulse etc. I have had loads of tests on my heart and all have come back perfectly fine and my blood pressure is normal and been diagnosed with bad health anxiety from my consultant but i dont believe it.

I have been put on anti-depressants and had them for nearly 3 weeks now but dont feel any better,i was really just wondering if it is normal to feel this bad 24/7 as im really scared now that the doctors have missed something and that i am really ill.

can someone please reply, thanks :)

diane07
07-05-11, 17:14
Hi toni282

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
07-05-11, 17:17
Hi Toni, welcome aboard.x
I myself look forward (not) to a heart op in the future due to Aortic Reflux, but i have to wait til I have heart failure before they can operate.
Anti-dep take at least 8-12 weeks to work, so hang in there ok.
I think you really need to get in touch with the consultant who dealt with your case, let them know how you are feeling, especially if some of these feelings and sensations have occured after your surgery

Wishing you all the best, Paula x.

Magic
07-05-11, 18:32
To Paulalynne,
Must be awful for you. Just seen your post . I don't know anything about your heart condition.
I had triple heart bypass 2001.waited about 18 months for the op.had terrible angina.it was agony waiting.
I send you all my love
xx

Hi Toni,
It does take a while for things to get back to normal.
I say take the adivce Paula has said,
All the best X