PDA

View Full Version : new member

mike20109
07-05-11, 20:27
i've joined today having had a nightmare week and only 2 days ago learning about health anxiety. i thought it was just me !! My mum died 16 years ago of ovarian cancer before which i never gave dying /cancer a thought. Since then, every symptom i get i convince myself is cancer of one form or another. this week i had 2 trips to the doctors convinced i had stomach cancer to be prescribed beta blockers and pills to reduce stomach acid as I had terrible cramps. Today i have dizziness, feel nauseous and my eyes don't seem to be working properly. I have just started reading 'stop worrying about your health' but nonetheless am convincing myself i have a growing brain tumour. It is comforting to read that i am not alone in my fears and that even though they are probably irrational i cannot seem to convince myself completely of this.

Taffy
07-05-11, 21:20
You certainly are not alone Mike...

You will find loads of help, support and advice on here. Never be afraid to ask a question or post how your feeling....this is a safe place.

As a starter for you...the symptoms you have described are all anxiety related. I'm having a rough time lately and nausea, dizzyness, headaches have been a daily occurance for me.

This health anxiety is a funny old thing! :winks:

paula lynne
07-05-11, 22:34
Welcome Mike x:welcome: