PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I can't cope with the symptoms

phil06
07-05-11, 20:34
Since really becoming unemployed earlier this year I have felt I can't cope going out sometimes with my symptoms. I felt it at work but less so as I pushed myself to keep going out.

Two main ones for me are bowels and depersonalization/feeling fatigued I worry about constant bowel movements and I also have had lots of advice but if I can't like improve my diet I'm stuck in a loop or if its caused by anxiety..

I just find it hard..I keep thinking my age is old too I'm 22 but feel 90 every day I wake up looking for wrinkles or whats going wrong next I feel since my third anxiety blip 12 months ago my life has never been the same and any thoughts on the future are "well I have this anxiety lurking over me or symptom"

I have been told on message boards my bowels could be IBS/diet or anxiety fight or flight but I still worry about it I notice it more in the house I use the toilet more..but I sit in the house worrying about going out incase I'm stuck in the toilet ages..or I go out sometimes feeling incomplete. This is my main worry right now think about it every moment of the day like some of my old Health anxieties so could this be making it worse?

I've had an unproductive week stuck in putting everything off. Feel really depressed about it all again my current symptoms make me feel like not going out again..I know there's stuff you get at the chemist for IBS and I try and improve my diet but I suspect it's anxiety causing it because since I failed driving tests a year ago I noticed it was doing tests it would get worse..and it's been that level since I wonder if because I never feel relaxed it's triggering that extra urge to go to the toilet? Sometimes it's just mucus clear stuff with spectacles that worries me too..because it use to give me stomach cramps.

I just feel depressed and I feel really low like I can't cope again..sometimes it's better then I just plunge into worrying. :blush:

Thistooshallpass
07-05-11, 23:10
Hi

Have you seen your GP about your IBS? My sister went and she was given tablets which help her alot. Also make sure you drink lots of water and have plenty of fruit and veg.

I too think 'what symptom have I got today?' and focus on it way too much due to my fear of fear (panic) basically. I too am only in my 20's and feel life is different since I became so sensitive to anxiety . I am sure when you had work you were distracted but when you are sat at home the thoughts will be stronger and more the focus. You are not alone

Tyke
08-05-11, 01:03
Hi Phil

I agree with the above post. I would see your GP. It might also be worthwhile seeing if you need any medication for depression. If you could improve your situation a little and consider something like voluntary work it might help you in the long run. Keeping busy does help you feel better and distracts you from worrying if you are up to it. Paid work is hard to come by at the moment, but volunteering can fill the gap and is usually less stressful anyway.

Tyke