PDA

View Full Version : My life seems to have been in neutral for so long

ConfusedByLife
16-04-06, 22:13
Hi ppl. I'm new to this site. It's good to share my thoughts and read others thoughts on this problem we all have in common. I will keep this brief as I realise long posts are annoying to read. I have suffered from social anxiety for about 6 years now and it has completely taken over my life. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Every few months it seems to get worse. I've tried many drugs and some psycotherapy which help for a while but gradually the problem comes back. I feel one day I will reachthe point wherenothing can take the pain away and I really don't know how I will cope when this happens. My life has gone down the toilet since this started and it seems to be a one way ticket. Howdo I break the cycle? I've heard all the expertise you can think of,but none seems to work. This is like my own personal hell on earth.

Jewel
16-04-06, 23:07
Dear Confused By Life

I dont really have any advice for you apart from the fact that you seem like a realy nice person and seem to undervalue yourself i.e you wanted to keep your post short. I am sure people on here would want to know all your history so that they could help you, maybe you could start by typing that in.

Pleae dont give in talk to people on here they can really help you.

thinking of you

Jewel

Jewel
16-04-06, 23:12
Dear Confused By Life

I dont really have any advice for you apart from the fact that you seem like a realy nice person and seem to undervalue yourself i.e you wanted to keep your post short. I am sure people on here would want to know all your history so that they could help you, maybe you could start by typing that in.

Pleae dont give in talk to people on here they can really help you.

thinking of you

Jewel

ConfusedByLife
17-04-06, 22:11
Thanks Jewell, I appreciate your kind words. I havent gave up on life.....yet. I'm just fed up what seems to be a never ending cycle of bullcrap. At the moment i'm switching drugs again to see if these will help me (Zispin). It is a nightmare, i've come off and gone on about 3 different antidepressants in the last month and at the moment don't know whether i'm coming or going. My head is on another planet. I hate to bring the tone down, cuz I know positive thinking is probly the best way to get over this but i'm just so pissed off that there's nothing I can seem to do against this irrational self doubt. I will feel better soon, i'm sure but I don't just want to survive, I want to live life and at the moment i'm in my own self created prison within my own mind. I swear i'm gona go insane if I can't turnmy life around pretty quickly. Thanks again for your thoughts and I will be thinking of you too.

rubber
20-04-06, 13:10
hi confused, have you tried any meditation or visualization techniques?? ive read a lot about these on the net and have tried them out, it seems to have had some effect on me. It may not work for everyone and i dont want to preach what works best, maybe u should give it a try. A lot of sites have free exercises for you to try!

Paddington
20-04-06, 15:39
hello there c.b.l.,yep being on the iside looking out is how i put it,literally watching the world and life go by,IT'S HORRIBLE!And you dont have to be positive ALL the time ,we are human after all1You tell all,and we can try and give you positive vibes and advice ,but some times it's great to have someone simply agree and say ,'THIS STINKS!!!'You will get better and being on here will do it every time!I am a lot better since bring able to talk to those who understand.Keep on talking.Love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

ConfusedByLife
21-04-06, 19:29
Thanks Mary- Rose and rubber above you for your replies. I have had what can only be described as some of the worst couple of weeks of my life recently coming off and going on different anti-depressants, it has been a rollercoaster bottoming out at suicidal tendencies but I stayed the course and today I feel good again.
I have tried visualisation techniques in the past and theses are great for relieving built up tension but I find unless I do these regularly(not always possible) there effect is only temporary. In response to Mary Rose, As i've said the past few weeks have been hard and alot of this has come through in recent posts. I feel good today but I have come to expect "feeling good days" as a luxury in a sea of crap days. Sometimes like you I feel completely fed up and pissed off with the hand i've been dealt with social anxiety and it feels good to let it out somewhere. At times i've wanted to give up fighting, especially recently, but deep down I know i'll always carry on the struggle, if not for myself then for those close around me. I will try to stay positive in the hope things will change for the better. Thanks for your support.

jackie
28-04-06, 14:42
you are not alone i hope that comforts a tiny bit

hope it doesnt rule our lives for much longer

take care

jackie