PDA

View Full Version : my head guys, my head

jelly flash
08-05-11, 14:29
Ive been in hospital for a couple days and had tests done, but they couldnt find anything despite my symptoms of numbness in left side of face and neck, and yesterday my head started burning instead of the normal heavy numbing ache, and the headache is higher than it was three weeks ago.

I got about 3 hours sleep lat night, I woke up with a panic attack (i has been released from hosp), and went to out of hours srvices who just did my blood pressure and sent me away, and i went later that day today and they just said reassurance that it was just a panic attack.

My blood pressure is being erratic though, whilst in hosp ive had a tempertaure and blood pressure has been high for me, 137/78 (normally 90/50-60), today my blood pressure was 98/60 but my head burns guys

and, t may be lack of sleep, but im noticing double vision and thnking a room is a bit cloudy

what do i do? do i go back to hospital? I stayed in for two stayed, had tons of tests, ive seen so many health professionals

what do i do

jelly flash
08-05-11, 14:30
and ive lost my appetite today, eaten a sandwhich in nealy 24 hours

jelly flash
08-05-11, 14:34
and my heart is a bit tight, but not majorly so

macc noodle
08-05-11, 15:19
Hi there

Symptoms all sound horrible and scary BUT you have had tests and they couldn't find anything wrong with you.

So, I would guess anxiety based - it is amazing what it can do to you.

To be honest, I have had a numb head and face on and off for at least 6 months and I haven't actually panicked about that just assumed anxiety - oh yes and bad headaches and stiff neck - but I ignored it - I am far too busy worrying about other bits of my body that seem to be going wrong :ohmy:

What does your GP say - have you any meds for anxiety?

Take care

anthrokid
09-05-11, 05:50
Hey Jelly,

I just wanted to leave you a message to say that in the worst time of my anxiety and panic attacks I CONSTANTLY had numbness and a pressure feeling down the side of my face and neck, and sometimes also a burning or tingling sensation. I used to have so many panic attacks as well.

It definitely sounds to me like something similar, and like you I had lots and lots of tests which all came back normal. it is most likely just to be anxiety related, and I know it is really hard (I've been there!) but try not to focus on it. The less you focus on it, the less severe it will feel.

Try some breathing exercises too, a lot of the time it can be caused by hyperventilating or tension in the neck from anxiety.