PDA

View Full Version : hi, new on this site

mud240
08-05-11, 22:15
have been suffering with anxiety issues for about 18 years now on and off .It seemed to start off with swallowing problems and feeling strange in supermakets and queues but not knowing what was causing these feelings. It soon developed into full blow anxiety with feelings of unreality ,losing control,panic,numb weak arms and legs,and many more. In 2009 i started getting realy depressed with everthing and sort help from my doctor who told me my thyroid was underactive making me anxious .I was then given CBT for 6 months which realy help me out and gave me the confidence to go to my mates wedding (something i would have avoided at all cost before)and had a great day with only slight neves, but just recently out of the blue all my symptoms have returned and no matter what i tell my self that this is just anxiety i cant seem to stop the panic as the symtoms are so real its hard to dismiss them as such, so here i am...:doh:

nomorepanic
08-05-11, 22:17
Hi mud240

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
08-05-11, 22:25
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

lbethell98
09-05-11, 04:29
Hi, I know how that feels - I've been coping really well with my anxieties for two years, dealing more with the OCD, but today I've had an irrational thought I just can't shake and its made me panicky and sick & so far I haven't had an ounce of sleep. Hope the website helps you as I hope it will help me. Laura

mud240
09-05-11, 20:45
Thanks ,im sure we can all get some good info and help from this site and may be just may be get a normal life back .Yipeeee.