PDA

View Full Version : Lump on neck

emmawalton
09-05-11, 10:08
Hi for the past 2 weeks i have a lump at the front of my throat, i thought it was a spot or a bite but not yet come to a head, i keep messing with it and am conscious of it as people can see it. Now think it may be a cyst as feels fluidy to the touch and if squash it one way then seems to disappear. Not sure whether i should go to the doctors with this as feel stupid if is just a spot. Has anybody else had anything like this it is making feel very anxious and worry could be cancer.

Razorleech
09-05-11, 11:31
I get these quite a lot, especially when my body is really run down...in fact as it goes I was convinced I had throat cancer because of one of these along with a few other things, went to the doctor got told that everything was fine, still didnt believe her...now I have tonsillitis, so turns out that I mistook every normal symptom of being run down in the run up to a minor illness as the big 'C'
My advice, got to your doctors anyway just to be safe, the relief you will feel will be amazing, and even if it is the worst case scenario at least you can progress from there. If you are worried about looking like a bit of a fool for going to the doctors about what could just be a spot, just go in there and explain that you have Health Anxiety, its what I did, and after the inspection when I said "well now I feel a bit foolish" she said, "dont worry we get so many people come in with HA, at least you are less likely to let a serious symptom go unnoticed"

Let me know how it goes, I hope all goes well

emmawalton
09-05-11, 11:55
thanks alot, will wait another week and see if it goes as seems to have gone down abit today.