PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive thoughts nuisance

Gabehen
09-05-11, 11:16
Hi everyone,
This is my first post - and I'm v. pleased to have found this site.
I am suffering from obsessive bad thoughts - just started and probably due to a v. stressful situation I'm in at the moment.
I've just read that lots of excercise can help with getting rid of excess adrenaline that causes the thoughts. Anyone got any experience of this.
I am in the middle of sorting the main problem - but it's a bit much really.
c

diane07
09-05-11, 11:22
Hi Gabehen

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Spy
09-05-11, 11:32
Hi Gabehen,

A lot of people find that exercise helps, as does a good diet, reducing caffeine, smoking and alcohol and getting a decent nights sleep :). I've found that doing 30 minutes relaxation every day has really helped to calm both my body and my thoughts down too - if you need or want to take the medication route, then anti depressants can be an very effective approach too.

Welcome to NMP - there are a lot of people here to offer support xx

Gabehen
10-05-11, 10:43
Thanks so much for your reply,
I've read the article by the Hypnotherapist too - also helpful.
I'm going to try to get a bike and try to drain off some of my excess anxiety. I may try the Doc. not sure yet. My husband is also v. stressed - OCD stuff - altho not too bad. Just feel like I've got to hold it together - not good at showing feelings untill the dam brakes etc. Internet is great isn't it.
C

Worryaboutworrying
10-05-11, 16:42
Hi Gabehen,

A lot of people find that exercise helps, as does a good diet, reducing caffeine, smoking and alcohol and getting a decent nights sleep :). I've found that doing 30 minutes relaxation every day has really helped to calm both my body and my thoughts down too - if you need or want to take the medication route, then anti depressants can be an very effective approach too.

Welcome to NMP - there are a lot of people here to offer support xx

I totally agree, I go swimming, it's hard work but seems to help. Relaxation techniques also- clearing mind... I try to focus on the colour yellow. And just breathe. Also tensing muscles and then releasing them helps.