PDA

View Full Version : Newbie....

fitza88
09-05-11, 16:38
Im new to this site and thought id share a bit about my problems. Ive had panic attacks since my mid teens but just thought it was something id grow out of. Things worsened when I started university and my problems got really bad from October where I found I couldn't even go to a lecture on campus ( id walk to campus, get to the door of the lecture, then get an overwhelming need to leave and go home). I would feel so much better once home but found id sleep for a couple of hours. My Dr tried to prescribe me citralopam but I declined as I didn't think it was a chemical imbalance I was suffering from and asked about CBT. I am waiting for my first appointment ( 16th May:D) I am currently meant to be taking my final exams but my panic attacks have got worse and I haven't managed to sit an exam yet. My Dr prescribed me propranolol but I didn't get on very well with it...I had a very public panic attack and think that could have negative impact on the rest of my exams. My next one is tomorrow...hopefully ill be able to sit it! Just going to try not think about it and remain positive!

nomorepanic
09-05-11, 16:43
Hi fitza88

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes