PDA

View Full Version : brain chemicals

dream
17-04-06, 07:54
Hi all
I have had anxiety now for around 5 years and was only on medication when i was having p/a i have not been on them now for about 4 years ,well i have just read somewhere that

the chemical make up in your brain may be a factor ,brain chemicals such as serotonin or noradrenaline affect your mood and thinking. GAD may be associated with altered levels of these chemicals

well in the past i have tried positive thinking, kalms,and all the other things we try ,lol, but at the moment im having a blip and im feel really fed up with having this worry over me, how do i not know that i have altered levels of these chemicals and need medication ,sorry does any of this make any sense just wanted a bit of advice thanks all take care denisexxxxx

denise

weepinky
17-04-06, 08:56
Hi there Dream

Sorry to hear your have a bit of a blip at the moment hun. You don't say how long this blip has been going on or if you have been under more stress lately?

I don't suppose there is really a way of knowing whether our brain chemicals are low or not but if you have tried everything else it might be a good idea to speak to your doctors and discuss other options you may have like CBT perhaps.

Hope you feel better soon

Love Pinky

trevor
17-04-06, 11:47
hi,,,

i tend to dissagree with the theory of unbalanced brain chemicles,,

anxiety is A BAD HABIT thats all it is anegative way of thinking ,,,

so please dont put anymore worry your way with that thought,,

keep smileing,,

trvor,:D

better to fight for something than to live for nothing