PDA

View Full Version : Eaten pink chicken

peter34uk
09-05-11, 20:50
Hi all,

I cooked a Marks & Spencer Garlic Chicken Kiev.

The packet said 30mins @ 200 temp. I think i did 40mins at 180.

It seemed cooked but when i started eating it the colour of the chicken seemed a bit pink.

Ive now got a bit of stomach ache but that could be i just ate so much dinner.

What you guys think?

lourah1989
09-05-11, 20:54
youve got stomach ache because your thinking about it, it should be fine you cooked it for the extra 10minutes :) hope you tummy ache goes away x

bronte
09-05-11, 20:54
i think you will be fine i once went to a barbacue and i was eating a chicken drumstick outside in the dark when i reaslisede it didnt taste right so i went in doors to check and id eaten pink bloody chicken flesh and so did my brotherinlaw and we both were fine i worried for nothing x

peter34uk
09-05-11, 21:11
Cheers guys. Feeling better already. Thank you.

bloxy
10-05-11, 10:53
Sometimes, chicken meat can have a bit of a pinkish tinge but this is different to it being undercooked...you can tell by the texture of the meat.

I was told that if the meat has a pinkish tinge but is cooked properly, that it can be down to what the chickens have been fed on. Also, I have noticed chicken from Marks ofter has this colouring.

AceFrehley
22-08-11, 23:25
I've had a similar experience tonight.

I got home from work, my mum cooked a chicken breast from the butcher, anyway, I cut it up to put in my pasta, had a couple of pieces, then noticed it was pink on the inside of other pieces :ohmy: my anxiety has shot up and now I've got a bit of a stomach ache, but that could be from the pasta and bread/anxiety, needless to say, I didn't eat the chicken!

It's been about 2 hours since I had the pieces of chicken, I'm tempted to go to bed, but then I'll just be up all night thinking about it!

Anxious_gal
22-08-11, 23:39
Are most of those chicken things pre cooked and then frozen? which would mean it would be pretty safe to eat even if you under cooked it

suzy-sue
22-08-11, 23:56
If it was fresh like usual from a butchers..Pure Breast should be white .Sometimes if the breast is near the wing end as it can be .The meat can be pinkish as its near the bone .Same goes for thigh cuts .I think you would have felt sick by now if you had eaten undercooked chicken tbh .And/Or had upset stomach ..Time will tell ..Hope you are ok .xSue

debs71
23-08-11, 11:18
Sometimes, chicken meat can have a bit of a pinkish tinge but this is different to it being undercooked...you can tell by the texture of the meat.

I was told that if the meat has a pinkish tinge but is cooked properly, that it can be down to what the chickens have been fed on. Also, I have noticed chicken from Marks ofter has this colouring.

That is so true bloxy!

We regularly eat the breaded chicken fillets from M&S (every Wednesday with chips and beans, lol) and it is ALWAYS pink inside, even when cooked for the proper length of time. I always whinge about this as I hate pink chicken, but it truly is just one of those things with M&S and not that the chicken is undercooked.

Don't worry Peter. I would be in hospital every week after eating it as long as we have been, lol.:D

KayleighJane
23-08-11, 11:21
my bf is a chef and as long as you follow the cooking instructions then you should be fine, he also cooks things for a bit longer and turns the temp down on the oven just how you cooked yours so theres no worries :yesyes:

kayleigh x