PDA

View Full Version : OMG what is this lump???

lindajane1971
09-05-11, 21:25
Ok im on the verge of major panic :(

i was lying on bed chatting on the phone and just randomly pressed in a point on my body and i felt a pea sized lump.....its at the bottom of my ribcage area, the size of a pea, quite hard, not painful
no idea how long its been there!!!!!!!!!
omg i am now just so scared as to what on earth it is!!!!!!!!! my other side i can feel nothing in the same spot.

what do i do?????? oh crap what is this???????????

Linda :weep:

carli
09-05-11, 21:32
Hiya linda, i have a small pea sized lump that appeared on the top of my thigh and about a year ago. i went drs and he said it is a fat deposit, he says they are really common and i now hav a matching one on the other leg.

PLEASE try not to worry, most things are harmless and they just appear for no reason. xx

macc noodle
09-05-11, 21:34
Could be an intercostal muscle - if you feel between your ribs you can feel little muscles like lumps. Could have been there forever and you have just felt it now.

Please please try not to worry :hugs:I am sure it will be fine.

I am always finding lumps and bumps and go into complete panic mode so I know where you are coming from hun.

Take care.

Jan
x

lindajane1971
09-05-11, 21:36
carli thanks for the reply, i dont know what to do, should i go to the doctor or wait or what??
im just feeling so nauseous now with worry, trying so hard not to cry :(

happycamper
09-05-11, 21:36
Please don't panic - I've been there on several occasions before and absolutely exhausted myself with sheer terror as to what a lump might be...and it was always fine.

Just realised it isn't your breast where the lump is - sorry, was in a rush to reply knowing how scary these things are.

carli
09-05-11, 21:40
Please dont be upset. I was in a right state when mine first appeared and now i feel like a right wally,lol. Go drs and get checked out just to ut your mind at rest. Thats what drs are for hun, and im sure all will be fine. xxxxxxxxx

lindajane1971
09-05-11, 21:45
thank you for all the messages of comfort xxx
no matter how many times i read them over its not stopping the panicing :scared15:

carli
09-05-11, 21:47
Right lets sort this out, you have a lump....i have a lump.....im not worried as i know it can be anything and there is no point worrying unless you have to. If its small and hard like a lirrle pea then it sounds just like mine. Please dont worry xxx

macc noodle
09-05-11, 21:48
OK then - you need to go and do something else then to try and take your mind off it - is there anything you can do that would occupy you?

I always reach for a mag or a book when I am really stressing over my HA and whatever I think is wrong with me (hun I have spent all afternoon with pains in my stomach and worrying I have bowel cancer or ovarian cancer - in the end I just had to get on with some ironing and a bit of daytime television to take my mind off it).

Just ring the docs. tomorrow if you can still feel it in the morning and book an appointment for a check up. I am sure you will be absolutely fine.

:hugs:

Jan
x

Maj
09-05-11, 22:34
I've got one, exactly where you've described, and it's a simple sebacious cyst, which I've been led to believe is a common area to have them, so please try not to worry too much about it. I'm having mines removed soon under local anaesthetic and I'll be glad to see the back of it !! I also know someone who had one removed from the exact same area. If it doesnt bother you then you have the option to leave it because they are COMPLETELY HARMLESS xx