PDA

View Full Version : hypnotherapy for anxiety?

KellyS
09-05-11, 22:35
has anyone tried hypnotherapy for anxiety?
I've had counselling, CBT, am currently on citalopram.

Just feeling at the moment that i don't want to be reliant on medication for the rest of my life!
Can anyone suggest/recommend another treatment to try?

Kelly :blush:

diane07
09-05-11, 22:50
I've had hypnotherapy, psychotherapy and acupuncture, but the one thing that helped me massively was cbt, but you have to find the right therapist, i did a cbt course here on NMP with Robin as i was agoraphobic and i am now back working again, i think its a case of finding the right therapist to do the cbt with.

Hope this helps, i always try whatever you can, what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.

Best of luck.

di xx

KellyS
09-05-11, 23:17
CBT did help. And i do try to remind myself of the techniques i learned, but its hard!:blush:

diane07
10-05-11, 08:04
I got everything to download so its easy for me to read back if i need to, i also got a pocket size booklet which is brill so that stays in my bag.

I faced the panics head on and i did go through some pretty scary feelings whilst doing so, but i don't really have to remember any of it now as i learned not to be scared of the panic, thats when it left me, when i stopped fearing them, wasn't easy but was worth it.

di xx

theogeorgio
11-05-11, 10:09
Hi Kelly, i am a hypnotherapist and i see quite a few people with anxiety and hypnotherapy can make a huge improvement. If you are seriously considering having hypnotherapy contact a hypnotherapist and discuss your situation. Most hypnotherapist offer free initial consultation so you have nothing to lose. IF you need any further advice please let me know