PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, I'm Jax

just-jax
10-05-11, 05:43
I'm 30, diagnosed with clinical depression at 15 and have been on a variety of meds since then, starting with propranolol and citalopram and from 2006-present fluoxetine/prozac. I have been wanting to stop taking the prozac for over 2 years now but aside from one failed attempt (I managed to stop taking it after tapering off and lasted 12 weeks before I was so overwhelmed that I had to go back on it) I haven't been able to.
Personally the worst symptom - when I say worst I mean the one I'm physically afraid of - I have is the anxiety and sadness, simple things like the thought of my (currently healthy!) cat dying are enough to completely disable me when it comes over me.
As for the latest, I broke my back 2 years ago and haven't been able to work since, as you can imagine that has made my depression a lot worse, feelng worthless; less social interaction; obviously having a very low income with no earnings and of course I'm in pain all the time (collapsed vertebrae and permanent damage) so have now had to give up things like dancing/running which always helped balance my moods...
So, here I am! Desperately wanting to quit the prozac due to depersonalisation and a stack of other side effects but very wary after previous failed attempts.
I look forward to meeting other members as the advice and support here seems so much more genuine and informed than other forums/sites.
Thanks for reading!
Jackie

nomorepanic
10-05-11, 06:11
Hi just-jax

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
10-05-11, 10:14
Hi Jackie, a warm welcome to you. This forum is a fantastic support network, you will find lots of support and make some good friendss too. Nice to have you with us.x:welcome:

just-jax
13-05-11, 12:50
Thank you for the warm welcome and the reply, it's a great site I'm very glad I came across it :)

Worryaboutworrying
13-05-11, 14:59
Welcome!

You will find so many helpful posts here, and friends too! I am new myself, but when I have been feeling bad, just reading what others say seems to calm me down a littlle.

You mentioned about your back? How about nice swimming? If not full on swimming, just relaxing in the water might help xx:shades:

just-jax
15-05-11, 13:14
Hi, thanks for the welcome :)
Swimming is definitely a good idea but I have a lot of issues regarding my weight, etc. (I'm 5"6 and 9st and have had eating disorders in the the past and couldn't face getting in a swim suit in this life time!)
I have an MRI scan on the 26th, hopefully after then I will have more idea of what therapies/options I have regarding my back.
Thank you for your thoughts :hugs:
Jackie x

Spidergirl
15-05-11, 19:55
:welcome: Jackie, nice to meet you..

Tiny_Dancer
17-05-11, 11:25
:welcome: Hi jackie, good luck with your MRI scan on the 26th :bighug1:

just-jax
18-05-11, 01:34
Thank you, will let y'all know how it goes, scary stuff.. Not relishing the "remaining still" part, ow! :scared15: