PDA

View Full Version : In need of a hug

Granny Primark
10-05-11, 09:21
Last month my neighbour of over 30 years and my brother in law died within 3 days of each other also my daughters friend died age 26 leaving 2 small girls.
I thought I was coping well and even managed to get a little voluntary job in a charity shop.
However last week I found out that the love of my life my grandaughter age 3 is going to a different school than she was supposed to be going to and its out of our area.
She starts school in sept. Im dreading it as il hardly ever see her.
She gone on hol this morning with her mummy and daddy (shel be on the plane now) Ive been awake most of the night worrying.
I know that ive got a really bad obsession with her. In fact my obsession has taken over my life and im only truly happy when ive got her with me.
I know its silly but im so down at the mo. Ive been dreading today for weeks. I should be happy for her. I just hope the time goes slow for her but it goes fast for me.
Its silly I know but I wont be counting the days il be counting the hours til i see her again.
Im sitting here crying over her.
See what I mean about an obsession?

t0rt01se36
10-05-11, 10:00
Hope you find plenty of good distractions. Your grandaughter will have lots to say about her holiday and the week wil go fast and you will wonder why you were so worried.:hugs:

paula lynne
10-05-11, 10:05
Aww granny, Im sorry you feel so low. How far will they be moving out of your area? Im sure you will all be able to work out how to get around the distance.
I love my 18mth old grand-daughter to distraction.....I think "obsessing" as you call it is normal for grandmas isnt it?! Shes my world too.

You have to keep really busy with all this time on your hands, then the time will fly.

Have some big hugs x:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Magic
10-05-11, 10:16
Hi Lynne ,
Please try not to worry. I have learned over the years that it will do you no good.
You will see your grandaughter in the holidays I'm sure.
I have a 3 year old grandaughter. There won't be any more. We were looking after her yesterday. It was a pleasure as it always is,but I am completey knackered this morning. Me and my husband are pensioners and I wish I was 20 years younger.
Take care Lynn:hugs:

pinkdove
10-05-11, 10:17
Awe Lynn, I can only imagine how you are feeling, as i would love to have grandchildren (still waiting and he's 33) i think your feelings are normal for a loving grandma, and when she gets back you will have lots to talk about, try to look forward to her coming back, and not obsess about her being away, as i'm sure she will have a good time, and will miss you too, lots of hugs for you. take care xxxx:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

yvonne_uk_98
10-05-11, 12:02
Hi Lynn,

I'm so sorry to hear your feeling so low, that's no obssession, that is love and caring person that you are. A very good granny who cares so much. I'll keep you in my prayers, sending you lots of hugs.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

try and keep yourself busy. I hope you feel better soon.

Granny Primark
10-05-11, 18:15
Thanks for your hugs.
I know now that my daughter and partner have arrived in Spain and that they love the hotel and that katie is ok.
I know that my son will read this. But katie is the only special grandaughter to me not yours cus I was the first one to see them gorgeous big brown eyes she has.
Thanks again. xx

macc noodle
10-05-11, 18:20
:hugs:To you :hugs:

Your grand-daughter will always know what a special and loving Granny she has. I am sure that they will have a lovely week with lots to tell you upon their return.

Keep yourself busy and then you will have tales to tell them too.

Jan
xx

Granny Primark
13-05-11, 09:40
Katie will grow up knowing that her nanny once had a minor problem (like many others i could mention on here) but sought help before it got out of hand. (unlike many others)
And she knows how much shes loved and that we her grandparents will do anything for her.

pinkdove
13-05-11, 12:46
:hugs:Well said lynn, not long now till you see your wee katie,and you are so right we all have our problems here it's how we handle them that matters. take care and loads of hugs xxx

Magic
13-05-11, 13:39
To Granny Primark Hope ypou are ok:hugs:sending you more hugs:hugs:

suzy-sue
13-05-11, 14:12
:hugs:Im sure Katie will always have a special place in her heart for you Lynne .As children get older its hard to let go as you know with your own .But its the quality of time you spend with them that counts not so much the quantity .She will be full of her Holiday when she returns and will be so pleased to see you .Spend the time you would normally be with Katie with your Hubby ,Its your time to be together and enjoy doing those things you always said you would do ..Things will get easier ,,Love Sue xx:bighug1:

Granny Primark
13-05-11, 14:16
Thanks for your hugs and good wishes.
I didnt post on here about my drink prob to get osterisised by other I posted to give hope and support to others.
In order to be able to go out id sit at the back of the car and txt others to keep my mind focussed.
It then turned into a can of lager. And then a glass of wine.
But I sought help and admitted it was becoming a problem.
I dont smoke and I never drank excessively til I became ill with panic attacks.
It was a crutch that I used.
I cant understand for life of me how someone can be so cruel.
Id never intentionally hurt anyone on here cus I know that the reason I came on here was to get support and understanding. And ive had that in abundance.
Thank you.

snowgoose
13-05-11, 14:31
Hi :)

there will be very few who have not self medicated at some point in the struggle to feel better with anxiety . tell me about it :blush:

look forward to having special tea for her and her holiday chat ....not long now .
you can never ever have enough love .x

Granny Primark
13-05-11, 17:36
Me and me hubby had our grandchild taken off us cus we were told that we went into my house we should speak to my son and his partner first before making a fuss of there daughter.
I was 49 and it was my first gdaughter and I was there at the hospital waiting room when she was born.
My sons partner lived with us.
Her mum kicked her out when she was 7 months pregnant. And where did she come to us. We were even guarantor to their house.
Yes ive turned into an evil person at times. I dont justify that but ive been thru hell. I swear to God im not evil.
My kids were my life.
Sorry for burdoning you, but im so hurt.

Granny Primark
13-05-11, 17:42
pink I cant wait.
Ive made a song about her.

"I love you, you love me, me and katie are as happy as can be, cus i love me little katie with all of my heart, me and my little katie will never ever part"
Shes me sunshine. I had my gdaughter taken off me and thats made katie even more special.
Obsession? Ye thats bad to love someone so much.

macc noodle
13-05-11, 18:40
Lynn

:hugs:to you xxxx

Life is hard sometimes and we don't always get it right as parents (don't know about grandparents as I only have young children as I was a late starter) - but we have to move on and make amends as best we can.

My heart goes out to you and I hope that you will see your grand-daughter when she gets back off her hols and you can give her a great big sloppy hug!

Love
Jan
xx

Magic
13-05-11, 18:43
Oh GrannyPrimark,
Please take care of yourself and your hubby.Consintrate on yourselves. I have heard it from your own mouth what you have gone through,having met you. There may be some folk don't understand.
Talking about songs. I make up stories about my grandaughter--you know .Once upon a time there was a little girl called ? and we have a laugh at the end then she will say "do it agen". and I have forgotton what I said . Little kiddies are wonderfull.You will see yours soon
Lots of LoveXXXX

joans60
15-05-11, 17:40
Hi Granny Primark
Hope you are okay and that Katie is back of her hol.idays and has been to see you
Look after yourself and take care

Love Joanxxx

shoegal
16-05-11, 05:46
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: (((HUGS))) :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Granny Primark
16-05-11, 09:58
Thanks shoegal.

Granny Primark
16-05-11, 10:05
Countdown now
29 hours 46 mins and 23 seconds til I get that big hug and sloppy kiss off her! lol:yesyes::roflmao:
And then after 5 mins hel be chasing me dog round the garden and hiding his toys. And pestering me to take her the park.

Being a grandparent is so special.

joans60
16-05-11, 17:54
Hi Lynn
You are right there being a grandparent is something very special
I have got 3 one age 20 one 19 and one age 18 and I am loosing the 18 year old in September she is going to University and I shall miss her.

Love Joanx

ditzygirl
16-05-11, 18:29
Oh how lovely are all of you Grandparents. Children need loving Grandparents, I think you deal with things differently as you have learnt from your mistakes as a parent. And you don't have the kids full time!!!!

I mean that with a kind heart not judging anyone.

Big hugs to all of you going through tough times, you can't stop life taking it's twists and turns and we as good humans get hurt. But if we didn't hurt we wouldn't care.

So be proud of your pain and struggle, that's what make you loveable by others.

The art is to make the time together very special - and that doesn;t have to involve lots of money. A simple picnic or tea in the garden, or making cakes together, anything that means you can all be together and enjoy each others company.

Love to you allx