PDA

View Full Version : Help !!Can anyone reccomend a alertnative to these for Anxiety please!!!!

sunset30
10-05-11, 12:25
Can anyone one reccomend a alternative to these . I have been on them for weeks though i was on the right road but now i have doubts!

I have tried anti-depressants wondering if there is any other great anti anxiety meds that wont leave me feeling a bit scatty. They have helped me a tiny bit at the start i guess gave me back a tiny bit of senseof humour. I have put on so much wieght on and lack of energy and motivation is getting on my nerves.
Feeling slightly aggitated and dont feel i can particularly deal with anyone espescailly for the last week onlt left my flat once for 10minutes.
I have had great offer of a very talented photographer to train me up but dont think i can cope with this at the moment they my not undertsand and desperatly need to being a bit of something to help me get out of this state of mind that is positive. But at the moment every day is a write ooof. Plus sleeping is hard work at the still can't sleep of my own accord with this drug but could before either due to head racing when my head hits the pillow.
I'm worried if i come of these i will have two weeks of withdrawl and them another however many weeks of trying another drug at square one. Then thats Photographer is gonna get proper pissed of with me, then opportunity gone:lac:
My hand s are as sweety as when i started taking them.
I'm i stupid if i come of these now? Have i not given them enough time?

I dont even know if this is normal to be like this on Pregabalin? Thought i was on write road but the doubts are here. Feeling quite unhappy with my self today sorry for going on negativity!

ISLASMUMMY
13-05-11, 18:50
Hiya love,

I was exactly like this when I started them....drunk feeling, zero attention span, and sloth like in a corner!!

It gets better, I promise you! Give them more time, and f you have any feelings of anxiety still then nip back to the Dr for a dose increase. I am now on the max dose, and I feel so much better its unbeliavble.

15yrs of anxiety pretty much wiped out. To me they are my salvation

Lisa x

sunset30
13-05-11, 21:12
Hi Lisa
I couldnt hack being on this med anymore and my depression was coming back worse and very bad thoughts to so my doctor took me of them. Started new meds which is Mitrazipine which i hope is going to be the miricale i need to get my ass of the sofa and doing something constructive with my life. Thank you for advice though.

Sunset xxx

paula lynne
13-05-11, 21:41
Give the Mirt chance to work sunset, many say it takees a good 12 weeks to kick in. Try lavender to relax you, and learn breathing techniques. I also spend a lot of time on the sofa :blush: and have put on 3 stone in the 10 years Ive had panic and agrophobia....its a self-esteem killer and thats no lie.....

Try going for a short walk and build up. Just 10 mins a day can kick start you....and the vit D from the sun will give you a boost. Find a new hobby, or join a class. Invest in some relaxing cds for before bed.

Hope you feel much better soon x:)

sunset30
14-05-11, 00:45
Thank you for your kind words and great advice. I am not religious but I thank god for this site at the moment or i don't know what i would of done.
Speaking to people wth same or similar problems has made me feel so not alone. Even though i feel along in my head lol if that makes sense.
The last 2weeks i think have been the hardest i can recall for a while and on tuesday i was having thoughts that i could not control which i thought were logical and found out that healthy people didnt have them.
Just felt like giving up the fight tuesday as felt it was my only escape from how i feel. I'm terrified of spending the rest of my days like this.

But i need to take hope from people such as yourself and the fact i must keeping fighting to get better and it can be done.

I just hope i start to get some sort of assistance from these tablets.

I am like you my life so far consist sof sofa, internet and tv and the odd shopping trip. My agriphobia and being around other people is unrational. But a bit a day will help.

Do you have problems engaging in friendships/ being around people and no trust of others like me?

xxx

paula lynne
14-05-11, 09:20
Hard to make friends as I dont go out often, and only have a night out perhaps 3 times a year.....I tend to stick to friends I already got, good friends that stuck by me when I got ill to be honest. Id rather have a handful of great mates than a hubdred aquaintences if you get me...

I trust toooo much if anything. I wear my heart on my sleve and think everyone is great. Im realising lifes not like that the hard way.......learning to make new friends really is hard because of being outside for me, not really trust issues. I hope we can get together soon at the meet, be great to meet you. We will all wear red carnations to recognise each other...hahahahhaha, thats a joke. xx:winks:

deepreason
14-05-11, 11:02
I read a research articale a year or so ago that said the true effects of pregabalin, for anxiety, don't kick in until a total dosage of 600mg a day. Most doctors don't go this high though.

A stronger, but I found cleaner, alternative to the pregabalin is sodium valproate. It starts working quite quickly and will do a similar but stronger job. It can also cause weight gain but not necessarily: I was permanently hungry on pregabalin but perfectly normal on the valproate.

If neither of those work then the really big guns are the MAOI's. Nardil (phenelzine) especially has a great reputation for social anxiety due to similar GABA'ergic effects as pregabalin etc as well as it's strong anti depressant effects. Realistically you're looking at a psychiatrist to get that one prescribed though nd even a lot of them are reluctant due to the many side effects / risks.

The alternative route to all of the above are the benzodiazepines such as valium but I'd strongly recommend staying away from those unless you have no other choise as they are highly addictive.

Best of luck finding what you need :)

sunset30
14-05-11, 12:37
Hi paula
I totally agree with you i would rather have a few good friends than loads od untrustworthy ones. Unfortunatly i have had to cut off alot of people that once i considered friends as i always felt they hurt me in one oway or another. Maybe thats having bad choices in friends or im paranoid but it protects my mental health in away to back off completely.
People who dont understand me have learnt i dont stick around to be messed about.

xx

sunset30
14-05-11, 12:43
Hi Deepreason

Thank you for the advice and info it always helps to have other peoples insite. I ahve tried s many different ant-depressant . The Mirt seems to be chilling me out a bit and im not getting as bad side effects either as if i was taking pregabalin.:yahoo:
Would of liked to stuck the pregabalin out but i think a increase of the med would of sent me potty.

Have great weekend

Thank you again

xxxx