PDA

View Full Version : Anybody gone BACK on Seroxat? How long to start working again?

pacemaker1000
10-05-11, 13:10
hi
as the title says how long will i have to wait to start feeling better again
i know they worked before as i had 20 blissful years without panic. trouble now is not only do i have to wait for the pills to kick in but i have to try and get back to not thinking about panics

elainey70
10-05-11, 20:42
Hi,

I first started seroxat in 1995 and was on them for 14 years. I came off them in 2009 and managed for 16 months without them, then bang August 2010 i suffered a breakdown and ended up back on them. I thin k it took me about 8 weeks to feel some effect abut i've had my dose increased twice since then. Hang on in there, the meds worked before and they will again.

pacemaker1000
11-05-11, 12:27
Hi,

I first started seroxat in 1995 and was on them for 14 years. I came off them in 2009 and managed for 16 months without them, then bang August 2010 i suffered a breakdown and ended up back on them. I thin k it took me about 8 weeks to feel some effect abut i've had my dose increased twice since then. Hang on in there, the meds worked before and they will again.

thanks Elaine that helps to know
its been 2 weeks now and i know from other side effects that they are starting to work.(these i can live with)
i am starting to venture out but just down the road where i can get back to my comfort zone quickly
i still feel anxious but not had the full blown attack repeated
i keep telling myself, like you said, they worked before so WILL work again. but the thought of panic attacks is now fresh in my head and is something i havn't thought about for 20 years

did you notice that initially they cause exactly what they are designed to cure?

Alan

gary2411
25-05-11, 20:01
i suppose it effects different people in different ways my doc says 14 days and it should kick in again