PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone im new and need re-assurance

joandadie
10-05-11, 18:49
Hi there
Im new to the site but have often been referred to this site when googling my symptoms. Have been suffering from panic attacks now on and off for 20 years but since my daughter has been born i am now suffering from terrible anxiety. Symptoms include aching shoulder neck and all down left arm even into my hands and headaches. I feel myself tensing even when im trying to relax my shoulders being constantly hunched until i realise what im doing. Have good and bad weeks and this week is a bad week. All day pain for about 9 days now (after about a month's reprieve) and although i know i have to relax i can't seem to do it.

Anyone got any tips or is anyone going through the same thing ?? Would be great to hear any ideas, its getting so i will try anything.....Thanks and hope to hear from you soon ......... (like everyone else i always think im dying from lung cancer to heart attack even though i know what it is, how do you get out of this cycle? )

diane07
10-05-11, 18:50
Hi joandadie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

gaaron
10-05-11, 18:59
Hi joandadie, you'll find loads of support on this site..I certainly have. I have probs 'relaxing' aswell and as much as I try to keep my shoulders down they're up again before I know it. I've started doing pilates (really it's just warm ups that I do) and have found the exercises very helpful for tension. I think the knack is to get the breathing right whilst doing them.
:welcome::flowers:x

joandadie
10-05-11, 19:32
Thanks for the advice. i actually have a pilates DVD that is still in its wrapper , maybe i will fish it out. I have started boxing would you believe to get rid of my tension and hopefully i will start to notice the diffrence soon. I will defo try the pilates though.

Not on any medication but i think that if i can relax i will crack it. Its funny my panic attacks/anxiety has changed so much over the years used to get the classic attack symptoms now its more this tension thing. it keeps mutating.

Janeywaney
10-05-11, 20:42
Hi I find Zumba really good for the tension and yoga (only on the Wii at home) good for relaxing also Paul McKenna hypnotic c,d,s are so relaxing. :yesyes: