PDA

View Full Version : neurologist fears

mike_coventry_uk
10-05-11, 21:10
i am due to see a neurologist on 02nd june. i have been feeling lightheaded and nauseus on and off for a couple of months. i am struggling o believe it is anxiety :(

despite

clear blood tests
full eye optician check
full neurological check by gp

i still think i am dying!

im petrified of goin to the hosp and scared they will do a mri or ct scan! i just know the next 3 weeks will be hell :(

i need advice

blueangel
11-05-11, 09:16
Hi Mike

I suspect the appointment with the neurologist is for two reasons - so that your GP is doing a good job and making sure that there isn't a nasty cause for your symptoms - but also for reassurance for you.

fairyloveheart
17-05-11, 23:17
Hi Mike
I have had the exact same symptoms as you, and went to Walsgrave (If you are in cov and your name isn't cov you will know where I mean!), saw a neurologist, who was very odd! - and she ordered CT scans (which then took ages) which came back fine. I didn't believe them and paid for an MRI and that came back fine too. I think with a BT you get some more dramatic symptoms. I worried about this for about a year and drove myself crazy. I still have all the same symptoms now, but have resigned myself to the fact it that my symptoms are sinus problems as are affected by the weather.
Hope your appointment goes well on the 2nd.

xtremx
18-05-11, 10:37
Hiya mike,

I am due to see a neurologist on 03nd june.

Hopefully we can both say on here that we have had a wasted trip just to be told we are OK.
And put what ever it is behind us.

Good luck on the 2nd:yesyes:

mike_coventry_uk
18-05-11, 18:17
hey xtremx

thanks for the post. what are you going to the neuro for? what symptoms u been having? do you know wether u av got to have a mri or cat scan yet?

fairylove what were your symptoms? did they do the scan on the day?

what type of tests do they do when you get there?

cheers guys

xtremx
18-05-11, 19:06
Hi mike, I am going to the neurologist due to showing some signs of mnd (but could just be my anxiety coming out in a new way).

I would tend to agree with your doc saying it is anxiety as lightheadness and nausea are common symptoms of anxiety (i have had them feelings myself).
But hopefully the referral to the neurologist will put your mind at rest

All the best for the 2nd Chris