PDA

View Full Version : Think this might be my fault

pinkdove
11-05-11, 12:41
Hi guys, i need some reassurance, i was getting on quite well taking 50mg citalopram, but still had some problems, so i upped my dose to 60mg, after nearly 3 weeks of feeling worse, i put it back down to 50mg on friday, the thing is i have flu like symptoms, and feel i m going backwards, do you think it is because i have messed about with the dose??? just need some advice, thanks. :hugs:

nomorepanic
11-05-11, 12:43
That is quite a high dose - is this what the doc recommended?

pinkdove
11-05-11, 13:33
Hi nicola, yes the last time i saw my phyciatrist i was taking 50mg on his advice, but was told i could go to 60 if needed, i see him again on the 23rd may, so hopefully he will be able to help.

nomorepanic
11-05-11, 13:47
I would say that with each increase and decrease of the dose you are going to feel worse for a few weeks maybe so it is probably that.

Are you getting any CBT help at the same time as being on this medication?

suzy-sue
11-05-11, 19:41
You are experiencing withdrwals from going down to 50mg ..Dont worry it will pass .Drink plenty of water based drinks it will help .Also get a good nights sleep .T/c Sue x

pinkdove
11-05-11, 20:05
Hi Nicola have tried cbt last year but could'nt handle it, maybe i will tyr some therapy though thanks

pinkdove
11-05-11, 20:06
Thanks Suzysue, I thought as much, i will ride it out and take your advice on the drinks. thanks for your advice take care xxx