PDA

View Full Version : What if`s

joanne87
17-04-06, 18:26
This might be a stupid question but does anyone else what if things? at the moment everything im thinking about im "what iff`ing", and its loads of different things not just about the "normal stuff" and theyre all negitive what if`s and sometimes jumping to the exrtremes, but the more i try not to think about them the more i find myself worrying about them and its driving me crazy lol.

has anybody else expreienced this?

jackie
17-04-06, 19:05
i just said to my friend marcia on the fone that i seem to spend my life asking the question what if. what if that pain is this , what if this is it etc

your not alone

jackie

honeybee3939
17-04-06, 21:12
Im just like you Joanne also,

i spend my days thinking about "what ifs", i always fear the worst senario on everything, it drives me crazy too so your not alone.

Love Andrea

xxxx

Rennie1989
17-04-06, 22:13
I had that phrase where I kept saying what if this and what if that but one day I just decided to face the the what ifs, e.g.

"What if I go out side and people stare at me?"

*Walks out side, spends the day out, comes back home*

"Wow, no one did stare at me!"

Scooties Back

Blue Child
18-04-06, 11:47
I have been spending most of my time tying myself in knots with the "What if..." bit. It has come to the point where it is stopping me living the life that I want to lead and it is becoming master of me. I've decided over the past couple of weeks to finally put it in its place. I'm now just going with the flow and living my life day by day. If things go pear shaped they do and I know that I am the one that controls the course of events and that I can make them positive or negative. I'm going with the positive and I find one positive thing at the end of every day that I feel makes that day worthwhile. Believe me there is one every day. So my what if imp has now been kicked out of the door and I have got my bring it on head on...but I know that for me this is the only way I can make it work.
Take care all
Blue Child

joanne87
18-04-06, 13:41
Thank you all for the replys, im not alone on this one then (thank god lol) Blue child it sounds like youve got this one in the bag and good on you, wish i had the strengh to shut them off.

Anymore suggestion as to how to combat these will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jo x