PDA

View Full Version : how many posts are too much?

snowgoose
11-05-11, 18:35
Hi ,
just been thinking about this topic .and I dont mean starting a topic needing advice or support . I mean answering posts .
how much is too many? from previous forum life I have seen people attacked for being always about . so am aware that this does bother people and perhaps dilutes the words given .
Personally I love to see familiar names ..........feel warm and connected and feel I get to know the Voice of that person whatever is said .
can you become a forum pest? cos I dont want to be one but this post isnt about me ...just opinions would be enlightening . truthfully xx

macc noodle
11-05-11, 18:49
Hi Snowgoose - I love reading posts from those who post regularly like you.

I do, however, sometimes think that certain people post continously without taking any account of advice offered and assurances given by other people. Which I do understand that sometimes they are unable to help themselves due to their illness but it can be frustrating.

Sometimes I look at the posts and end up replying to 6 or 7 if I feel I have something to say or offer, other times I read posts and have nothing to add so say nothing!

Magic
11-05-11, 18:52
Snowgoose,I will tell you that it is always a pleasure to read your posts
I hope you will continue
I hope to have a new name soon:hugs:

Elen
11-05-11, 18:55
There are people who's posts I always look out for, Snowgoose you are one, and then there are others that I tend to ignore.

I think that if you offering sensible advice great, if you are coming back continiously asking the same question then no.

Hope that makes sense

snowgoose
11-05-11, 19:08
thank you Macnoodle,Elen and Nellie :hugs:
you too are ones I look out for always .

but honestly this post isnt about me .....just wondering how answering posts is viewed here if done on regular basis ?
I am on another forum [not anxiety related at all ] .google sadbugger .com ha!!

just someone there has been accused of being always there and been ridiculed for it . got me mad .....but thinking . x

Elen
11-05-11, 19:35
I am on another forum that has a relative few that post on most posts. Because I now what to expect from each of them I like it. I know who's posting I am likely to find interesting and who to avoid.

I have it when forums turn on people, in my mind the whole idea of a forum is for people to express their opinions.

Everyone does not have to agree but they do have to respect each others right to have their own opinion.

Elen

honeyp1e
11-05-11, 21:40
I could say am most prob one of those people who will post & post most prob until i get the answers am looking for this is only on bad days cos if am having good days i don't really write anything but then there is days where i feel bad and i want to post something but i wont because i think people most prob are bored of my post as there most (well are) usually always about the same thing (stomach problems & anxiety) i hate the way i (we) all have to suffer but i do get some rest & reasurrance when i have posted even when no1 comments it still gives me that minute to get my troubles out x x

scaredstiff695
11-05-11, 21:47
hi snowgoose are you on about people that post new threads or people answering and replying to peoples posts.

i perosnally dont mind me either i think if you dont want to reply then simples dont lol
but i do think if you can offer advice no matter how many times then you should if it can help someone else and if your experince helps then is it really a bad thing? xxx

honeyp1e
11-05-11, 21:52
hi snowgoose are you on about people that post new threads or people answering and replying to peoples posts.

i perosnally dont mind me either i think if you dont want to reply then simples dont lol
but i do think if you can offer advice no matter how many times then you should if it can help someone else and if your experince helps then is it really a bad thing? xxx

i agree if you can offer help and advice to some1 who s feeling down or suffering even if that person posts & posts i would help them in any way i could x

snowgoose
11-05-11, 21:58
Hi Honeypie and Scared stiff,:hugs:

think I have worded this badly :blush:.........I meant answering really. I so do not mean anyone who feels they need reassurance a lot .......hell it could well be me tomorrow . just wondering about answering really if I dont know what to say .......but have the time to do so . what the vibe of the forum is about this .

scaredstiff695
11-05-11, 22:02
answer deof it doenst matter how many times people come for support and sometimes just a nhug or a nod in you no how they feel makes a difference xx

snowgoose
11-05-11, 22:05
thank you :) x

Taffy
12-05-11, 17:07
I have no problems with anyone starting or replying to as many posts as they like. Sometimes I feel for those who have started a thread who are desprate for advice, support or reassurance and no one has answered them...it must make the loneliness 10 times worse!

However I have seen a few posts were people are clearly not listening to the advice being offered..this is a little frustrating.

In my short time on this forum the help and support it has given me has been has been second to none and helped me through a rough few weeks. As most have said there are certain members names I look for more than others as I like the the natural of there comments and advice.

One in particular has helped me immensley...you know who you are. x :flowers:

onceagain
12-05-11, 17:34
Personally I think that people would feel worse if no one responded... your answers may seem to fall on deaf ears at times ( part and package of our illness) but I would say never feel you are being a pest ... answers may not help some one straight away but a positive seed planted is always a good flower. x