PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with me?

mcb224
12-05-11, 02:20
Hi I am a 16 year old male and I know I'm young but I still think something is wrong with me. I get these crazy feelings about once a month that cause the strangest things. I start out feeling lightheaded and feeling like I am about to faint. Then I feel like i'm not even there but still going through the motions. While I am in this state I always ask the same questions. Where am I? Who am I? What am I? I never remember the action that I was preforming during these experience.

-Example
I was playing basketball with my brother today and out of nowhere it happened it lasted 5 minutes or so and I was playing basketball the whole time normally my brother said but I don't remember a thing. Sorry for it being long. Thanks In Advance!

nomorepanic
12-05-11, 02:24
Hi mcb224

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

vicky23
13-05-11, 20:56
hi mcb,
That sounds really awful and although some of the symptoms you describe could very well be down to anxiety/panic you really should go see your Doctor to find out what's going on. It could be something very simple that only a Doctor can diagnose with certain tests. If you are diagnosed with an anxiety disorder or a panic disorder then you can come back on these boards confident that you'll get the full benefit out of them
I hope you find relief soon