PDA

View Full Version : I really really need some advice :(

tashaeve
12-05-11, 12:27
For about 2 years since my son was born I have suffered with varying degrees of anxiety and panic. Recently it has spiralled waaaaaay out of control. To the point I cant get my daughter to school - she was off yesterday and today. Its literally an epic mission just to walk from one end of the street to the other. I took propranolol for a little while but it made me feel very faint and sick so I started taking citrapram today - I feel completely spaced out and knackered!!! Ive also been prescribed valium (??? never thought Id be taking that!!) but Ive been too scared to take it lol. I have my first counselling session tomorrow too, Im just so scared and worried, I dont think I will ever be 'normal' again :( Im so tired of waking up in the morning feeling scared and dizzy, I just want to be able to enjoy my children and stop putting them through this!!!!

blueangel
12-05-11, 12:54
Hi there

The citalopram will take a little while to start working, but hopefully it should make you feel more able to cope. Has your GP suggested that you have any counselling or CBT to help you? The antidepressants deal with the symptoms, but you've more chance of staying well if you try and work on the causes as well (I know as I've been there myself).

In the meantime, is there anyone else who could come with you while you take your daughter to school? Unfortunately, if you carry on avoiding taking her, you'll get worse at going out. If you've got someone with you though, they can be a "hand-holder" and can do things like keep you talking so that you're not so aware of the anxiety symptoms.

I'm sure some of the others will come up with some good advice as well.

Hope this helps.

tweety
12-05-11, 16:38
hi
i feel like this to some times that my children are missing out because of me but we cant help it i first suffered from panic 7yrs ago it took me about 7 months for me to feel myself again with doing baby steps etc then it came back when i was run down and not looking after myself 2months ago but inbetween the seven years i was working going out doing everything i was before and yes i am back there again but i know i will be myself again with hard work and time and my children cant even remember the last time i was ill .

pacemaker1000
12-05-11, 18:04
i agree its baby steps and you must force yourself.
i am now 2 weeks since the reaccurance of my panic attacks, on Seroxat since then, and just starting to feel a bit better. initially i was bad even in my own house then couldnt go down the road etc. last couple of days i have been out and crossed some boundry goals i set. it feels great when you do :D