PDA

View Full Version : walking weird?! what is this?

miniholly
12-05-11, 14:53
hi again, so yesterday i was in asda with
my mum and all of a sudden my foot when walking kind of went inwards if that makes sense. i used to walk like this when i was younger but havent done it for years, it was on and off all day yesterday and now today i feel really light headed, weak and my legs feel like jelly my walkings still a bit weird too, im terrified theres something wrong with my brain :'( whats causing this? x

miniholly
12-05-11, 20:43
Anybody?

relika
12-05-11, 22:21
This reminds me of a scare I had roughly 1.5 years ago. I dragged/shuffled with my left foot over the pavement while walking every couple of steps. My legs also felt heavy and weak at times. This, along with other signs like racheting, convinced me I had young onset of Parkinsons disease.

Looking back, I was so focused on the shuffling of my foot that it happened more frequently then when I didn't pay attention to it. Along with the other signs. Last year they diagnosed me with a B12 deficiency, which can cause these symptoms (along with muscle pain, feeling lightheaded, feeling weak, IBS symptoms, etc.). It is easily treated with injections every two or three months, and is diagnosed through a simple blood test. Perhaps it is worth checking your B12 levels.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. And if you do worry too much (like me :winks: ), just visit your GP. He/she can hopefully reassure you. Anxiety can do a lot to our bodies, including the symptoms you describe. And the more we pay attention to our symptoms, the worse they seem to get.

Let us know how it goes.
Take care! :hugs:

miniholly
13-05-11, 00:20
thank you very much, my walking seems a bit better today but i think ill make a trip to the doctors next week, come to think of it nmy walking seems much worse when i focus on it xx