PDA

View Full Version : High Intensity CBT

punkprincess19
12-05-11, 15:55
Hi

I was wondering if anyone here has had High Intensity CBT for Health Anxiety? I've had 4 sessions of CBT so far and it doesnt seem to be helping and so they are sending me for High Intensity CBT. Does anyone know what this involves?

debbsi
10-06-11, 22:26
Hi
I was searching and your post came up - I have been referred for high intensity CBT too - have you started yours yet and if so how has it been and what does it entail?

Thanks x

punkprincess19
11-06-11, 01:42
Hi Debbsi, I've not started my high intensity therapy yet, I'm still waiting for it! Hopefully I won't be waiting too long. Did normal CBT not help you at all? x

Nicky32
11-06-11, 10:35
If its anything like they do for agoraphobia u can expect to be dragged into your worst fears.
Taking that as an example...I was pressured into going outside in a busy place. Or it could be just a proper good talk so you understand where anxiety comes from and your way of thinking, which can be very good at understanding more about your mental health AND over coming it/reducing it. There aint any quick cures it takes time.

debbsi
11-06-11, 12:56
Hi
I had about 5 sessions of CBT with a mental health worker at my doctors about 3 years ago - it helped me to understand my way of thinking and how to challenge those thoughts. We discussed my worries and it really helped at the time. However 3 years later I have gradually slipped back into worry mode a lot of the time - but the techniques they taught me are not working and I decided I needed some help. I went back to see my GP who put me on propanalol and referred me to the healthy minds team. I saw a mental health worker initially for an assessment and then i went back to see him again yesterday. I think he had intended going with the medium intensity cbt after my assessment but for the last few weeks I kept thinking of all the things i should have said to him but didnt! So in yesterdays short session I blurted them all out!! I think thats why he's referred me on. So hopefully I will get the help that I need , but have to join another waiting list, never mind at least I feel I am getting somewhere :)