PDA

View Full Version : Back pain and anxiety?

Grover
12-05-11, 16:08
I have been a long term on/off sufferer but over the past few months I have had back pain that seems to tie in with my anxiety. I have had lower back pain before but this is different.

I have every now and then been having shooting pains in roughly the kidney area about where the rib cage ends, but on both sides. It can sometimes be really painful but always seems to wear off as the day goes on.

When it happens it's like the kidneys are contacting hard. i really don't know what it is but I had it last about a month ago and it's started again but like I say It does seem to happen when I have been really anxious, and of late I have had terrible anxiety during the night while I am sleeping. Any ideas. or sound familiar.

p.s, I have been eating really well and drinking loads of water.

Thank you in advance for an replies.
:)

oldtime
12-05-11, 16:19
It is probably muscles contracting. I'm getting terrible back and neck pain, more of a fatigue pain now, they are so screwed by tension from anxiety all my muscles are completely knackered.

anthrokid
21-05-11, 16:03
Hey,

It sounds to be like it is more muscle related than anything else.
I get really bad back pains when my anxiety is high because I tend to tense so much, so my musles get tired and sore and then contract a lot (ouchies).

If it's worrying you a lot, do check in with your doctor, but it is most likely to be muscle related due to tension from anxiety :)