PDA

View Full Version : cbt over the phone

tweety
12-05-11, 16:45
hi
i hate going to the doctors as that was where my first panic attack happened now a man rang up to say could i make next week for cbt held at my doctors i couldnt as this is when i already had a app so his going to send me a new app but its really scared me when i go the the doctors i am really scared and normally take a diazpan and am in and out dont think i could manage to sit and talk to a stranger the doctor said they could prob do it over the phone but surely that will not be as good i was having a really good day till he rang:huh:

panicangel
12-05-11, 17:00
Hi Tweety
I think I fallow your post, I understand how you do not want to go to the doctors for cbt as that is were you have had panic attack and I know from my own attacks that we avoid situation that have made us panic, but cbt over the phone sounds like a good starting point, I would defo try it and see how you get on and then make small steps to try getting to the doctors for cbt, don't give up as I have had cbt in the past good and not so good psychologist and they do help, I waiting to go back and get more cbt as I do think it helps in the long run. Good luck