PDA

View Full Version : One Year Since I Stopped Smoking!

Hazel B
12-05-11, 18:25
Well, the title speaks for itself. I hardly miss them now, I just like the odd waft under my nose; the smell is always better than the actual smoking to me!

Giving up nicotine has really helped the anxiety I had last year. I thought that a fag relaxed me, but the opposite was true.

For any of you giving up, keep at it, as you do get past the cravings.

Elen
12-05-11, 18:31
Well done Hazel, I hope to give up in the next month so cross your fingers for me.

A whole year is a fabulous achievement you must be so proud of yourself.

Elen

Magic
12-05-11, 18:42
Hi All
I gave up smoking a long time ago,BUT -----I have some ciggys in the house no one knows I sometimes go outside and smoke 1 at night when hubbys gone to bed. I cannot inhale though it hurts.Don't drink though and I got to have something
Love to all x

snowgoose
12-05-11, 18:47
Hazel :)

that is fantastic .......... a heck of an achievement . well done :flowers::flowers:

Hazel B
12-05-11, 21:19
Thanks Elen, Nellie and Snowgoose! This site really helped me to help myself and I can't appreciate it enough.

Worryaboutworrying
13-05-11, 14:40
Well, the title speaks for itself. I hardly miss them now, I just like the odd waft under my nose; the smell is always better than the actual smoking to me!

Giving up nicotine has really helped the anxiety I had last year. I thought that a fag relaxed me, but the opposite was true.

For any of you giving up, keep at it, as you do get past the cravings.

Well done Hazel! Thats brilliant -
I am on day 5 of not smoking, and to be fair I have had nothing but palpitations.. I hope they subside soon! x

anthrokid
13-05-11, 15:31
Hey Hazel,

That is an amazing achievement :)
Congratulations!

I am stoked for you!

Hazel B
13-05-11, 16:26
Thanks worryabout and amieekid!

Worryabout - the effects will stop after about 3 weeks, I had smoked for over 20 years :lac: and it didn't take long for my system to adjust and feel healthier. I only ever used to have up to 10 a day but was addicted, I used to wheeze a bit in bed at night and that's gone now. My new addiciton is shopping!

Ozzy Osbourne has been addicted to everything you can name and he says that stopping smoking is the hardest to quit, so well done on doing 5 days!:)

gaaron
13-05-11, 18:58
Hi Hazel, a massive congrats !!!!! Well done. x:hugs:

Hazel B
13-05-11, 19:41
Thanks Gaaron! Hope all is well with you.:hugs:

paula lynne
13-05-11, 21:46
Hi my old mukka, Im so proud of you, what a fab achievement! xxxxx
Now that my fags are over 6 quid, Im starting to think about how I might tackle quitting, bad for me and cant afford them blah blah....I may need you in the future as my quit buddy x

Youve done great :yesyes:

Hazel B
13-05-11, 22:03
Thanks Paula!

£6! I didn't know they coast that much now! I'll be here for you if you do decide to stop. :yesyes::hugs:x