PDA

View Full Version : So Tired Of Worrying

Princess Sparkle
12-05-11, 19:40
I could really do with a hug today. I feel like bursting into tears right now, but I don't have anyone here to talk to who understands how I feel. My family try to be patient with me, but more often than not they tell me to snap out of it. If only I could!

I've been suffering with Health Anxiety for years, but things have been worse over the last month - I've had ongoing tummy troubles and throat problems and it feels like when one symptom starts to get better, another one flares up in its place. Right now I'm worrying over a problem with my throat and I can't concentrate on anything else. It's like a never-ending cycle of worry and it's really starting to get me down.

I saw my GP this week and she was so nice. She said she thinks CBT would really help me with my anxiety and has referred me for it, but she also said it could be a few months' wait. I'm waiting for the letter to come through now and I hope it's soon - I think CBT would be a great help to me, so I'm looking forward to it.

But in the meantime, I'm finding problem after problem to worry about, and right now I'm really worried about my throat and it's so hard having nobody to talk to. I try to distract myself from my worries, but they always creep back in...

yvonne_uk_98
12-05-11, 22:36
Hi Princess sparkle,

So Sorry your going through a difficult time, sorry to hear you have a sore throat, can be painful, though will get better. I hope you feel better soon. sending you lots of hugs.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

shady2
12-05-11, 23:25
:hugs:

Just a suggestion, It might be worth looking on the web and starting yourself off now, I tried that as I had to wait weeks for someone to see me. It did help. There are a few self help sites around. Just had a quick look and they have this site http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/freedownloads.htm

I have not checked it fully but there are lots of free Self-Help Information Leaflets on there, looks pretty good, going to have a look through it myself.

Sorry to hear you are so worried and upset. Sending hugs your way.

Take care x:hugs:

gaaron
12-05-11, 23:29
loads of hugs :bighug1::flowers::hugs:xx

Princess Sparkle
13-05-11, 11:15
Thanks for the hugs everyone! :)

I'm glad to say that I'm feeling a bit better today (my anxiety always seems to get worse in the evenings for some reason) and my throat feels a little better too. I'm sure my anxiety made the throat symptoms that much more worse last night.

Thanks shady2 for the suggestion of trying self-help. I'm going to have a look around and see what I can find while I wait for my CBT referral to go through. I always thought I'd never be able to do counselling/CBT, because it would make me feel worse, but now I'm really looking forward to it - I think it'll be a big help.

Hope everyone has a fun and anxiety-free weekend! :D