PDA

View Full Version : Pretty desperate..Avoidant personality disorder and social phobia, anyone?

nikitarosine
12-05-11, 20:35
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001936/

I posted this link because it sounds like me to the 'T'. I don't have panic attacks. I don't have OCD.

But I get so overwhelmed by anxious thoughts and fears of failure or looking bad that I collapse in on myself like a dying star.....meaning I get so fatigued that I find it difficult to move....and I watch the same shows obsessively on my laptop to assuage the low level feeling of panic.

I was a secondary teacher but I couldn't cope with the stress and now I'm starting my own business/looking for work. I've quit teaching. I was doing so well and yesterday an email - just an email - and a polite one at that - sent me into this anxious rumitive ridiculousness.

Sometimes I feel like all of my intelligence, creativity, and good will is rotting inside my body.....growing inert as each day goes by because I so often become plagued by anxious feelings of embarrassing failure.

It used to be worse. My husband thinks I'm the bees knees so that helps. And I have a loving community of people on my side. But I need strategies for dealing with this because I have to work and make money, you know?

Thanks for listening:-)

nomorepanic
12-05-11, 20:36
Hi nikitarosine

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes