PDA

View Full Version : Vision issues

taviapple
12-05-11, 22:51
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading it for a little while.. I've been suffering from anxiety and panic disorder for a few months and I've just been diagnosed with depression as well. I often find that my eyesight seems strange, a bit blurry or with some things hyper clear, and I was wondering if it could be connected to these issues? Or if anyone else has ever experienced these things?

Thanks

Tyke
14-05-11, 03:34
Hi Taviapple

Could well be down to anxiety and depression. I had little sleep when I was at my worst and that affected my ability to focus properly. Anxiety can generally heighten all the senses when panic strikes too. Are there any common factors in what you see? - are distance things or near things more blurry etc?, because that may mean you need glasses. If you are concerned about it make an appointment with the optician or see the doc. It is worth setting your mind at rest as your eyesight is such an important thing.

Tyke

jenbo50
14-05-11, 08:04
Yes i am the same. Had it yesterday although ok this morning! My therapist told me it is a normal symptom of anxiety. Something to do with how the mind processes when under threat.....don't dwell on it too much it only makes it worse. Just busy yourself and it will improve again after a few hours...that's my finding anyway x

PS...i have an up to date eye test so no actual vision issues, just from anxiety!

taviapple
14-05-11, 09:18
Thanks guys.

I have had an eye test recently and wear glasses, but sometimes it feels like my glasses don't help with the blurring, or that they make it worse. Just makes me feel very spaced out!