PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex Fatigue / Tiredness, please help!

loops81
13-05-11, 09:13
Hey guys

My b/f will have been taking Cipralex for 5 weeks tomorrow.

He is so tired all the time, no energy, well he is not so tired on the evening.

He takes his Cipralex in the morning, just wondering if it would make any difference taking in the evening or night?

Thanks everyone x

Anxious-in-Canada
13-05-11, 11:24
Hi There

Is he sleeping well?
I take mine in the morning too, and I did go through a spell of being really tired throughout the day. Evenings were always good for me though.

He could try to take them at supper time or later, or he wait it out some more. I find that these meds took a long time to work for me...in another week or two he may feel much better...

I still find that evening time is my best part fo the day...

I am now drinking a coffee in the morning to help keep the grogginess away...

Hope this helps, take care.

loops81
13-05-11, 12:02
Ah thanks for the reply, I was hoping you might answer :D

We are seeing his CPN this afternoon so see what she thinks. Although she keeps saying it is probably more to do with the Clonazepam which he has started reducing.

PS - He does sleep well at the moment

xxx

Anxious-in-Canada
13-05-11, 14:09
Yes run by the CPN for sure....clonazepam can make some people tired...I was on it for a very short period a couple of years ago and it didn't suit me.

If he is sleeping well at night, and has really good evenings, I am not sure I would change the time of day. BUt see what the CPN advises, it will be a far better opinion than mine LOL

The key thing is whether you are seeing an improvement in him. Sometimes it is difficult for the person to see they are improving, but the people around them can be better observers.

I would encourage him to journal his days, that way he can look back and see his progress. That is why I post here....

You seem to be very supportive, which is wonderful. He needs support and is lucky to have yours!

Take care and I hope he is doing better soon.

snowgoose
13-05-11, 14:16
Hi Loops:)

I dont have experience to reply to your question .but feel compelled to write .

if in this cruel throw away world we wonder where love for our fellow man has gone ..............then your love and care for your partner shines like a beacon .
you are an example of what love can be .:hugs:

loops81
13-05-11, 17:17
Awwww thanks both :hugs:

stomper1999
16-05-11, 16:36
Hi Loops,

I had been taking my 10mg dose first thing in the morning but I too was experiencing heavy drowsiness , especially in the early afternoon. My doctor suggested switching to taking it in the evening, so I started taking it later each day and over about a week's time I ended up taking it at about 6 pm.

It seems to work better that way for me-- the drowsiness during the day has gone for the most part.

There is no harm in trying different times-- just have him work his way to the new target time by an hour or two each day so the change isn't so big.

Hope this helps,

Ric

Anxious-in-Canada
16-05-11, 17:02
Hi Loops,

I hope today is a better day for him...

See Stompers post above, maybe the switch would work better for him...

Take care.

loops81
16-05-11, 21:46
Thanks both.

Hope this helps with the fatigue.

Not a good day again, but I have realised that it is probably down to the fact that the CPN told him to reduce his Clonazepam by 0.5mg last Tuesday, seeing the same pattern last time he tried to withdraw too quickly.

Anxious-in-Canada
17-05-11, 12:26
Ok I remember that now, yes clonazepam I believe one of the most common side effects is a zombification feeling and can cause anxiety between doses.

I didn't like taking them, but I do know they help a lot of people too...

I think he should try to wean himself off them if he was advised to by the CPN.

Remember this is only temporary, and he will through it soon enough.

Hang in there and take care.

loops81
19-05-11, 17:07
The lack of energy has got worse, My b/f can hardly get out f bed now, its fatigue at it's worst!

What can we do, it's making him so anxious the fact he has no energy at all :(

Anxious-in-Canada
19-05-11, 17:30
It is hard to accept, but if he can let him sleep. If not then try to get out for a walk or a coffee...

It is temporary and will pass, honestly I think we all have gone through this to some extent.

Rest is a good thing though, so if he can rest for a few days then that is fine. Watch a movie. read a book, do a puzzle and rest. He will be better for it.