PDA

View Full Version : Massage Therepy

Taffy
13-05-11, 09:27
As we all know anxiety can give have many different effects on our bodies. The one that really seems to get me is muscle tension and the pain and side effects that come with it. The problem is when I'm in the trap of HA these pains become something else in my head and the tension increases making the pain worse and so the cycle continues!

Anyway at the moment i'm struggling with shoulder, chest, neck and head pain which I am putting down to muscle tension in these areas (im rational at the moment!). I'm going to have some massage therepy to see if I can relieve some of this pent up tension.

I have a job which can be very physical and stressful at the same time so the chances are I'll find that my muscles are as tight as a drum full of knots and a lot of the headaches and pain will be originating from this. Hopefully a few sessions might ease things up which will make me feel better in the long run.

Has anyone else considered this or tried it with success?

snowgoose
13-05-11, 14:00
HI taffy:)

I havent had experience myself with massage therapy ...but know through sport injuries in friends that it helps tremendously . I have not heard of anyone saying it was waste of time or money . at the very least it will relax you and stop the adrenaline devil running amok in your system for a while .
got to be a very positive move I think .

take care and let us know if you can how it goes if you proceed .
:hugs:

SleeplessFog
14-05-11, 04:08
Massage Therapy has been amazing for me. I had amazingly bad tension headaches that went all the way down my neck and shoulder. You would be amazed at how much tension we carry in our bodies with or without anxiety.

I highly recommend it. Its the only time I can literally just fall asleep in less than 10 minutes. Let us know if you decide to do it.

Taffy
14-05-11, 20:58
Thanks, will do. I'm gonna book myself in this week hopefully. My upper back / shoulder is killing me today so I'm looking forward to it!

Eva May
14-05-11, 21:10
Hi Taffy I'm the same as you, totally tense and knotted and in pain. I started getting massages targeting these areas 2 weeks ago and I can't tell yet if it's helping but it really hurts unfortunately. Still he gave me exercises to do as well so fingers crossed that will help. Hope it works out for you

suzy-sue
14-05-11, 21:32
Try having a hot soak in a bath with some Epsom salts Taffy .They work as a muscle relaxant .Massage is excellent especially when had on a regular basis ..T/c Sue

Lanesra
17-05-11, 23:50
Massage should definitely be seen as a regular thing and not a luxury, it can help out with a number of maladies.

For me, it only comes second to regularly swimming in terms of relaxing muscles :-)

suzy-sue
20-05-11, 21:32
Did you go for the Massage Taffy ? sue x:D