PDA

View Full Version : IBS???

nineteen
13-05-11, 10:20
does anyone here suffer from it? my sister and my aunt have both been diagnosed, but im still not sure. i dont want to go to doctor because i hate the place and i was just there last week for somthing else. but ive been having period like pains in my lower abdomen, frequent urination and backache. im on fybagel to help me 'go' so i dont have constipation or anything. i have alot different symptoms to my sister, so im not sure if this could be somthing else.

honeyp1e
13-05-11, 12:53
does anyone here suffer from it? my sister and my aunt have both been diagnosed, but im still not sure. i dont want to go to doctor because i hate the place and i was just there last week for somthing else. but ive been having period like pains in my lower abdomen, frequent urination and backache. im on fybagel to help me 'go' so i dont have constipation or anything. i have alot different symptoms to my sister, so im not sure if this could be somthing else.

IBS has many different symptoms they vary from person to person, i have bad constipation & i hate taking anything for it off my doctor i basically hate taking meds but also hate bein constipated....
you would need to go speak with your doctor about your symptoms as it could be IBS but there are also other illness with all the same symptoms so its good to rule everything else out !! but what you describe is the same as me buti have constipation aswell i was thinking of buying the fibregels and giving them ago.. (i may do this today as my stomach is so uncomfortable) and eating is a nightmare as i feel its just bunging up more.. could your notjust have one appointment at the docs i no you said you hate going but they will be able to give you something for the period type cramping pains x x

Wolfie
13-05-11, 14:05
Hi there,

I suffer from IBS - not only are there a variety of symptoms but as honeyp1e mentioned above, it might not be IBS, but a similar condition or even a food intolerance. When I went to the docs, I was suffering from intense nausea, loose bowel movements, bloatedness, extremely painful cramps in my lower back and lower tummy, the less painful cramps imitated period pains, and of course wind! They tested me for a couple of food intolerances, which is something which can bring on IBS, watch out for things such as wheat, soya, dairy, gluten, etc as these are usually the main culprits in terms of IBS-food intolerances.

But try not to worry, a really good idea would be to keep a food diary, writing down what you've eaten and how your symptoms are.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Chrissy

honeyp1e
13-05-11, 17:38
Hi there,

I suffer from IBS - not only are there a variety of symptoms but as honeyp1e mentioned above, it might not be IBS, but a similar condition or even a food intolerance. When I went to the docs, I was suffering from intense nausea, loose bowel movements, bloatedness, extremely painful cramps in my lower back and lower tummy, the less painful cramps imitated period pains, and of course wind! They tested me for a couple of food intolerances, which is something which can bring on IBS, watch out for things such as wheat, soya, dairy, gluten, etc as these are usually the main culprits in terms of IBS-food intolerances.

But try not to worry, a really good idea would be to keep a food diary, writing down what you've eaten and how your symptoms are.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Chrissy

i had all kinds of tests as i swore it was something major as when i would eat i would get the worse stomach spasms ever i really got sick of going the doctors as they just weren't coming up with anything my bloods where tested against wheat/ soya/ milk & eggs all negative as my doc thought i had ceoliac diease so i went on a gluten free diet (still on this now) anyway as nothing was coming back from all my tests i decided to pay for a food intolerance test £50. this showed up as i am intolerant to wheat then about a week later i was still having bad panic attacks about eating i basically got to scared to eat anything i would get myself so so panicky and cause symptoms anyway i hated it so much am still having trouble now & then but i no i will get there in the end x