PDA

View Full Version : request for some outside help

ukman2011
13-05-11, 12:14
Hello

I am an adult male and i have severe anxiety, I have also got an alcohol problem and I am also living in a domestic abuse situation with an elderly parent and have an extended family who absolutely hate me.

The combination of the above three have left me practically housenbound and the furthest I go is 56 yards to the nearest shop or 200 yards to a local pub.

I have tried my local gp I have tried changing my gp and I have in over one month had two appointments with a mental health nurse (which I only attended with the greatest of effort and discomfort as it was a 10 min bus journey away) and whilst she was very nice she said ultimately the answer lies with me and that I understand all the issues and I have no further appointments.

I am converse with cbt I have every site under the sun on my pc I know what benzos are I know what ssri's are blah blah blah and I know what AA is.

Ultimately because of my living arrangements I cant dry out and I cant get on the prescribed medication because of the alcohol and now once I am totally at a dead end.

What I need is an outside physical presence to help me work through things almost like a community care worker but all my efforts have completely failed and believe me I have tried and tried and its lip service and no funding and you are only miserable and and and blah blah blah

Anyone know something I dont ?

Thanks

ukman