PDA

View Full Version : hello

ukman2011
13-05-11, 12:24
Hello

I am an adult male and i have severe anxiety, I have also got an alcohol problem and I am also living in a domestic abuse situation with an elderly parent and have an extended family who absolutely hate me.

The combination of the above three have left me practically housenbound and the furthest I go is 56 yards to the nearest shop or 200 yards to a local pub.

I have tried my local gp I have tried changing my gp and I have in over one month had two appointments with a mental health nurse (which I only attended with the greatest of effort and discomfort as it was a 10 min bus journey away) and whilst she was very nice she said ultimately the answer lies with me and that I understand all the issues and I have no further appointments.

I am converse with cbt I have every site under the sun on my pc I know what benzos are I know what ssri's are blah blah blah and I know what AA is.

Ultimately because of my living arrangements I cant dry out and I cant get on the prescribed medication because of the alcohol and now once I am totally at a dead end.

What I need is an outside physical presence to help me work through things almost like a community care worker but all my efforts have completely failed and believe me I have tried and tried and its lip service and no funding and you are only miserable and and and blah blah blah

Anyone know something I dont ?

Thanks

ukman

nomorepanic
13-05-11, 12:28
Hi ukman2011

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

just-jax
13-05-11, 13:09
Hi Ukman2011,
I hope this forum is helpful to you - I've only been coming here a couple of days but just knowing that there are soo may people who understand and who will not judge you can be a great comfort. I can't really advise you but am definitely here to talk should you want to.
:hugs:
Jackie xx

Veronica H
14-05-11, 00:26
:welcome:to NMP. I think you should hit one thing at a time and make small steps each day towards recovery. I think the burden of this huge problem seen as a whole has left you stuck. Have you contacted AA? Take care.
Vx

sunset30
14-05-11, 01:25
Hello Ukman

Huge warm welcome to you. I know you have probably tried but have you ased to be refered to the mental health team or even maybe a socail worker and see if thay can help? I'm not sure if a social worker can but maybe they can help you be rehoused or get some other help or funding for your conditions.

Sorry to hear the sitution that your living in. Big warm huge hun

x

sunset30
14-05-11, 01:33
P.s. I know you find it difficult to leave your home. If you can get to a phone trying ringing a few housing associations to get application forms. Get these filled in with as much information about the volience in your home the impact on your mental and physical healthe and your drinking and so forth. As soon as you can get to the doctors(take a friend if you cant leave home alone) Expalin your situation to your doctore and that its effecting your mental health and increased drinking and as for hime to write you a let explain that it would improve your mental health that you were rehoused in a nonabusive/violent safe home. Get hime to write all your problems then put a photocopie of each of your doctors letter in application forms.
It may take awhile but it could be a start for you in getting rehoused and posibly some positive to come from the situation.

I have my fingers crossed for you x

ukman2011
16-05-11, 12:03
if only someone listened to me, my gp put me onto a social worker well a mental health nurse and because i can hold myself together and can be quite articulate i have been dismissed as it being personal problems and now it seems every avenue is closed to me