PDA

View Full Version : Ok now I'm shaking like mad

lindajane1971
14-05-11, 02:15
Omg my whole body is shivering like mad- like if you were suddenly put out in the freezing cold, but I am warm in bed,
What is it?????? Someone help me plz plz

Darwin73
14-05-11, 02:50
Hi, hope the shaking has passed. I have suffered this kind of shaking (in a warm environment) when having an anxiety attack (sometimes it has gone on for an hour and gets worse the more I think about it). However if you feel unwell, you might be coming down with flu or something? If you're otherwise ok, it's probably anxiety.

Anxious_gal
14-05-11, 03:47
could be anxiety, wen i'm bad i shake like crazy, it's soooo hard to stop, but totally harmless and normal.
if you take a few deep breaths it should help a bit x

southernbelle
14-05-11, 03:52
This is exactly what I do when I am having a problem with extreme anxiety. I shiver & my teeth chatter like I'm freezing. What helps me is adding extra cover (even though I'm not really cold) & breathing slowly, calmly out of my mouth...(nice slow breaths)...then I pop in a movie (comedy) or TV to get my mind on something else...I hope that it passes quickly...

SleeplessFog
14-05-11, 03:55
I get like that when I have a panic attack...its starts with the heart racing...then the lightheadedness and chills. As southernbelle said...put an extra cover on. Can you read or do something like watch TV for awhile to take your mind off of it? I hope you are feeling better at this point.

shoegal
14-05-11, 06:11
Hi. I also get this sometimes. It doesn't happen every time I have a panic attack, but sometimes when I'm calming down after one I shiver really violently and my teeth chatter. It can go on for half an hour or longer. It doesn't frighten me as I know it's just shivering (and I think it's what happens when you go into shock) so I just wrap a blanket around myself and wait for it to stop. Don't worry, it does pass and it is just another symptom of anxiety.

Granny Primark
14-05-11, 06:20
I also get this. I go out in the garden and walk around. Ive even watered the plants when its been raining.
The main thing is to distract yourself.

shoegal
14-05-11, 06:24
I agree with Granny Primark. It never helps to focus on the symptoms although I know NOT focussing on them is easier said than done. Shivering itself is nothing to worry about so please don't worry about it.

lindajane1971
14-05-11, 13:12
Thanks guys xx
It did pass eventually :)
Im away out today with my car to a show (I have a classic American car I take to shows) and I still feel quite shaky and have awful nausea :(

lindajane1971
14-05-11, 13:17
Thanks guys xx
It did pass eventually :)
Im away out today with my car to a show (I have a classic American car I take to shows) and I still feel quite shaky and have awful nausea :(