PDA

View Full Version : burning bottom !

pb
14-05-11, 08:31
Sorry about this post - TMI
I have a few small piles for ages, but now my bottom is really burning , surely piles cant cause this pain.
It just feels never ending , theres always something.
Ive got gp aptment on Thursday but its not with my usual dr ..

shoegal
14-05-11, 08:56
Hi. I believe that piles can be very painful. Have you ever had treatment for them? I think you should get them treated because if you ignore them they can get a lot worse. Unfortunately quite a few members of my family have suffered from piles over the years (and boy do they like to talk about it, lol) and the general consensus seems to be that you shouldn't leave them untreated for too long. Please go and see your Dr about this and don't be embarassed because they deal with this sort of thing all the time (apologies if that's what your Dr's appointment is for, you post isn't clear). Good luck and I hope you get some relief soon. :flowers:

pb
16-05-11, 15:39
Saw dr this morning as managed to get a cancellation.
Dr said pain is caused from a small fissure, she has given me some cream to help it heal.
Hope it heals quickly, please advise x

shoegal
16-05-11, 16:13
A fissure is just a small tear in the skin. I had one myself many years ago and they do hurt! Unfortunately they do tend to leave a weakness in the skin so if you get constipated or strain too much the tear can open up in the same place again. The cream will help it heal and soothe any soreness. It's nothing serious so try not to worry about it. :flowers:

leasky
17-05-11, 10:30
I had a fissure once, it was amazingly painful at times so I know what you have to deal with.

Avoid straining on the toilet and eat fibre to soften stools is the advice I was given and it does help. Cream is a good thing (although how they expect you to apply it is a bit of a mystery) and does sooth the pain slightly but rest assured, it will heal and it is nothing to worry about.

Also, take long warm baths (but don't stick bubble bath in, that's a big mistake, trust me). It helps soothe the pain.

pb
18-05-11, 20:48
Thanks for your replies.
have been using cream for three days and its just so painful.Its not just when i have a bo but all the time ..

pb
20-05-11, 21:56
Bottom still burning, ive had fissures before and they have not felt like this.
Wondering if ive got some sort of infection -maybe protitis ( i dont know)!!! But just feels so stressed.

pb
21-05-11, 16:50
Im in soo much pain, this cant just be a fissure.
please can anyone advise, have another gp appointment on friday !

K3vin
24-05-11, 11:57
Hi pb,

I reckon i had one - took at least 10 days, maybe 2 weeks for pain on pooing to go away. I took lactulose (stool softener) and believe me I am looking after my fibre intake now, and drinking lots of water. It will fix itself I am sure.