PDA

View Full Version : Health panic

95concours
14-05-11, 10:19
I had an appointment with my Doctor the other day thinking that everything was going to be swell and wonderful. When I spoke with him he informs me that my sugars are quite up I have high blood pressure and the results from a earlier ecg scan finds out that one bank on my heart is slower the others. He never said how much of a bad or not so bad thing it may be. I have no clue what he meant by that and I refuse to look online for information as more than likely I will come to my own conclusions.

So, Now I have been kicking the crap out of myself panicking about the fact that I may have a bloody heart attack! Not sure what day is "The day" to meet thy maker.

I am doing all I can to be more healthy with good diet and exercise and try to turn things around but all I can think of is the fact that my heart is not 100% in tune. :frown: Wow this sucks.

debbsi
14-05-11, 10:37
Hi

I know how you feel - the last few times i have been to the docs i have ended up with referrals etc when i thought he would just send me home saying i was fine.

If you were at risk of a heart attack surley you would have been admitted to hospital urgently

has he said what he is going to do about your results? do you need treatment?

your right not to look online though - worse thing you can do.

I think you need to speak to him and sort this out - a similar thing happened to me recently where i wasnt really given proper information and i then made myself ill for weeks - anyway the lovely people on here encouraged me to phone or go and see my gp - which i did and he did a wonderful job of reassuring me xx

95concours
14-05-11, 15:04
Thank you for the response debbsi, I do have a appointment coming soon to see him again. He did say that he wanted to look into the matters at hand, but I haven't received any word about referrals or anything yet. I am hoping that he will enlighten me soon.

When I left the Doctors office I was clueless as I still am about what this heart rate thing is and that's what my main concern lays.

I also have been saying the same thing to myself that "If it were a major problem he would have been prompt about getting it fixed". That's what has been keeping my sanity lol.

debbsi
16-05-11, 16:51
yes i know what you mean - we can tell ourselves over and over again that it must be nothing to worry about - yet we still worry making ourselves feel miserable