PDA

View Full Version : Exposure therapy on train

Eva May
14-05-11, 18:51
Getting on train in half an hour for less than 10 mins (I hope) and my stomach won't settle down. Hate exposure therapy :mad:

t0rt01se36
14-05-11, 20:49
How did you cope Eva May? Hope you were ok.
:yesyes:For atleast trying.

Eva May
14-05-11, 21:04
Oh christ that was hard haha. Worst part was the anticipatory anxiety, had a headache and sore stomach but once I sat on the train it calmed down. Had a few moments where could feel it rising again but it didn't :) going to try do that every week now and the only thing I can see setting me back is if it stops between stations for some reason, then I'll freak

shinderuko
14-05-11, 22:09
Well done Eva May!! I always find the run up to anything I'm unsure about is worse than actually doing it.

minxlaura
26-05-13, 16:11
hi there. omg i am SOOOO the same! before the trip i get all anxious n nervous.
on it am ok .. ish .. but the thought of getting stuck on it is ALWAYS in the back of my mind and it scares me sooooo much.. :( so much i have avoided the trains.. but dont want to .. i used to travel loads and was fine.
Am trying to fo the exposure on the train but i keep chickening out!!
good luck hon

nevergiveup
28-05-13, 09:26
I am currently trying the exposure therapy on the train aswell and the thing that scares me the most is it stopping in between stations I am fine when it's moving and at stops hopefully we will all be able to over come this if we keep telling ourself even if it stops nothing can happen that's what I keep doing :) xx