PDA

View Full Version : sOre inflamed armpits back

Em.ma
14-05-11, 22:46
Hi. A month ago i suffered with burning red sore armpis. So bad i cried getting dressed it hurt so much. I used to have a fear of germs so I would shower three times a day n use a whole bottle of shower gel/ shampoo in one day. It cleared and peeled of and now it's back and spreading. Even though I have dry skin I sweat a lot so have two showers a day( one for three mins n one for bout 25 mins) I don't use much soap now though. I'm so unhappy and depressed about it. I'm using e45 but it says not to use it on widespread redness which is what I have. My acne is also back and I have dry itchy skin everywere. Can anxiety really do this. It burns just using a dab of cream. Also as a girl I want to shave my pits but I can't and I'm just sad and unhappy tonight

countrygirl
14-05-11, 22:58
First thing that springs to mind is you have a fungal infection - its quite common wherever skin touches and I had a recurring infection in one of my armpits for over a year. It was a very itchy red rash and very sore.
It would clear up with fungal cream but come back within a few weeks of stopping using it. With me it took a year to find out the cause and that was I was using natural deoderant and it was allowing the fungal spores on skin to multiply once I went back to using normal anti persperant the infection has been gone completely so you could get same effect from all the washing.

Obviously I would advise showing it to a Dr who will probably prescirbe antifungal cream or you could try buying it from the chemist and see if it helps before seeing the Dr.

Em.ma
14-05-11, 23:13
Thanks. Last time e45 cleared it but it's so red and burning again. I have itchy skin everywere. Last time when it peeled it was like picking glue off and if I would touch it loads would fall off. Also when I used to wash and scrub hard under arms I would use anything I cud find not just soap. Even though I get itchy dry skin I like to shower twice a day as I get sticky after about five mins After I shower. I'm just unhappy about my self and hate my body. I never knew it could be fungal so thank you x

Humly
15-05-11, 10:01
I agree with Countrygirl. Probably just a fungal infection. I once had a patch like that in my armpit and got some cream from the docs which cleared it up in no time. So go visit the docs and you will be right as rain.

pb
15-05-11, 14:39
I had very sore armpits and when i changed from spray deoderant to roll on it cleared up.
Seeing your gp to get a proper diagnosis would be best though x

Em.ma
15-05-11, 20:34
Hello. Nice to know im not on my own with this.
all over my body i have dry senstive skin but i use no were near as much shower gel/soap as i used to. I would use a bottle in one day/a bottle of shampoo and half a bottle of bubble bath for months- all over a fear of germs and wanting to be "clean". i think that may be half the problem.